Firefox 4

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dhpar, Mar 22, 2011.

1. dhpar

dhpar

i was getting frustrated with the performance of Firefox 3.x recently. but the latest release (Firefox 4 RC) is absolutely stunning and fast as hell...

give it a try...

2. You might want to try Pale Moon (same as Firefox with a few "deemed unnecessary for most users" features removed). They claim "25% faster than FF". Seems like it might be so.

3. yeah, its pretty fast. i like it.

4. I use Chrome for my default browser (fast and simple) and use Firefox 3.x when I need to perform a task that requires a addon (Firefox has great addons).

5. FF4 is noticeably faster than FF3.

I like the very customizable toolbars, controls whatever. What I use is in a small space in the upper right hand corner and everything else I hid, as opposed to the IE dinosaur where controls are apparently frozen on the left corner with three mostly empty bars wasting space.

I will have to try Chrome again. Did not much care for it a couple years ago.

6. ie 9 is a big improvement as well

7. Chrome ftw

8. nice that folks are doing custom compiles, but really, what are you all doing that you need 100% speed vs 99% speed? Is it worth the hassle of being non compliant with stock builds?

9. zdreg

zdreg

i just went from 3.x to firefox 4rc.latest version is noticeably faster and,as a result, am unlikely to switch to goggle chrome.
    it seemed that 3.x deteriorated over time. would reinstalling have many any difference?

10. Agreed. It is faster.

#10     Apr 4, 2011