Firefox 3.5.6

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by DataCruncher, Dec 18, 2009.

1. bronks

bronks

@#$%! Evidently, Spybot wasn't the problem by itself. I uninstalled it, opened about 5000 tabs and didn't have a problem until the Yahoo Mail tab loaded. It took about 8 minutes but sure as shit, my resources usage went limit up. Is anyone else having Yahoo Mail (classic) probs?

#51     Mar 18, 2010
  2. Overall a great program. That said it just damaged my install of Ensign, false alarm.

#52     Mar 18, 2010
  3. so yahoo mail only gives you problems with Firefox 3.6? I haven't heard other reports of yahoo mail problems. I would look through your add-ons and themes you have installed, it still sounds like there is some weird conflict going on causing yahoo mail to keep running scripts. Try disabling addons one by one. Also try running yahoo mail in chrome browser and see what happens

#53     Mar 19, 2010
  4. #54     Mar 20, 2010
  5. has that Firefox bug been resolved?

If you upgrade to 3.6 and don't like it, what is the easiest way to revert back to 3.5.9?

I'm particularly interested in how 3.6 browsing compares to 3.5.9 when lots of tabs are open.

#55     Apr 7, 2010
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Re-install 3.5.9 and it'll revert back from 3.6 to 3.5.9 (link below has version 3.5.9)

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html

Also, if you're a serious firefox user, make a habit of downloading all your versions you use just in case you decide at a later date to revert back to a prior version that worked better.

Mark

#56     Apr 7, 2010
  7. does 3.6 allow you to open a tab next to your current one right than at the end of the row of tabs? I use a addon called Next Tab for this but it says it's not compatible with 3.6

#57     Apr 9, 2010
  8. In about:config

browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent true

#58     Apr 9, 2010