Firefox 3.5.6

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by DataCruncher, Dec 18, 2009.

1. bronks

bronks

I don't know WTF is going on with Yahoo mail, but it's jacking everything up. Within 45 seconds of opening, I'm maxing out on CPU Usage. I downloaded this Memory Fox thingy and it proceeded to REDUCE the time before I maxed out. I don't know what's going on, but I have years of crap in my Yahoo mail which is the only reason why I haven't switched to something else.

FF version: 3.6 w/Gradient iCool

#41     Mar 15, 2010
  2. bronks, it sounds like some kind of script generated by yahoo could be getting out of control....are you running Adblock? Noscript?

By the way, I'm interesting in hearing how adblock and keyscrambler and web of trust addons run in 3.6

#42     Mar 15, 2010
  3. bronks

bronks

You're right. Looks like Spybot's TeaTimer was causing the wreckage. I didn't think to look there because it was only happening with Yahoo Mail and TeaTimer is always "on"... I had no probs on other web pages. Hmmm, I still say there's something wrong with Yahoo Mail...

#43     Mar 15, 2010
  4. bronks you should be able to click a link in yahoo mail to switch between the classic version and the newer version. See which version gives you better stability

#44     Mar 15, 2010
  5. bronks

bronks

Yeah, I did that. But I went back to the "classic" 'cause it's simple and I'm used to it. Me thinks they are purposely not supporting that version much anymore.

#45     Mar 15, 2010
  6. Spybot is absolute garbage these days and TeaTimer is a major resource hog. It failed to detect spywares on my setup many times. I uninstalled mine and never looked back.

#46     Mar 17, 2010
  7. jjf

jjf

I have 3.6 and it is Ok but for some reason it opens up a second blank (default) window from time and time and I cannot figure out why.

Any ideas how I can tame the beast?

#47     Mar 17, 2010
  8. Recent convert, although I've had Firefox/Mozilla on my desktop for years. I also upgraded to 3.6 and am having no problems, resources or otherwise. I forget which version I have on my laptop which I run it on Unbuntu. I wish the dang trading paltforms ran on linux. I'd make the switch today.

#48     Mar 17, 2010
  9. try Malwarebytes

#49     Mar 17, 2010
  10. did you look through all the options in the tools menu?

you can also adjust advanced settings by entering in "about:config" into the address bar, but make sure you know what you are doing

#50     Mar 17, 2010