Firefox 3.5.6

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by DataCruncher, Dec 18, 2009.

1. 10 hours. Never completely closed (no less than 5 tabs and one instance) 89M.

So no memory link on 3.7. And fast :)

#21     Dec 22, 2009

2. Memory leak is the crazy increase in memory used by Firefox ?

I remember having that problem in the past, just start firefox in safe mode..(add-on's will be disabled)

#22     Dec 22, 2009
  3. Where do you download 3.7 ?

#23     Dec 22, 2009
  4. #24     Dec 22, 2009
  5. I've had a bunch of e-mail issues when using Yahoo e-mail accounts, literally rendering the use of the Beta 4 version of 3.6 useless.

You would hit the send button and the entire text of your e-mail would disappear. You would then hit the back button and re-send, only this time the subject line of your message would change back to the subject line heading that you initially replied back to. It became annoying. Also had similar "posting" issues when making posts on Yahoo Finance, as well as here on ET.

I just got the recent upgrade to Beta 5 this morning. Am interested to see how it goes.

Will report back later.

#25     Dec 22, 2009
  6. I have not had that problem with this version but I did have that exact email issue with previous FF version. That is why I upgraded to see if the problem would go away. It was so bad for a while I only used chrome as FF was unreliable for email.
    So far with FF 3.6b4 I have been lucky, I will update if I come across any problems.

#26     Dec 22, 2009
  7. Frankly, though I use the gmail service and others happily, I have NEVER used the online web based Email client , and have no plans to.

Eudora forever. Online way to slow, way too clumsy, why bother?

#27     Dec 22, 2009
  8. I have also upgraded and there are no problems so far.In the feature it is very useful to all members.

#28     Jan 2, 2010
  9. great posts everybody :)

#29     Jan 13, 2010
  10. How are you folks liking Firefox 3.6 so far? Any problems as compared to the later versions of 3.5? Did a bunch of your extensions stop working?

#30     Mar 10, 2010