Firefox 3.5.6

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by DataCruncher, Dec 18, 2009.

1. It also sends your personal information to google very quickly.

#11     Dec 20, 2009
  2. Major memory leak on my FF 3.5.6. Right now it's running at around 1GB with a bunch of tabs opened.

#12     Dec 21, 2009
  3. That's been my problem as well, even with just one window, FF eventually starts to "grow." It's faster and more responsive than Internet Explorer, but Chrome wins hands down in the speed department. It's relatively clean compared to the others.

#13     Dec 21, 2009
  4. +1 for this, I am experiencing the same thing. It doesn't slow my rig down that much since I have it spec'd out pretty high but I see it in Task Manager when I go in there. I haven't lost anything since doing the upgrade. I run at least 5 open windows at all times

I'll probably give Chrome a shot later this week.

#14     Dec 21, 2009
  5. Try firefox 3.7. It is close to chrome in speed and runs your add ons.

I haven't checked for a memory leak ... can someone specify the minimum requirement to see it and I'll check.

If you like ff though and use a few add ons you probably won't be that keen on chrome. I like chrome's speed but the small differences in operation (even spacers on your favorites) drive me back to ff.

lol stock ... very good.

#15     Dec 21, 2009
  6. FWIW ... firefox 3.7 with 6 tabs open for the last hour and others opened and closed is still under 100Mbytes.

I'm going to go to the 1221 nightly build and leave it open for 4 hours to see what happens.

#16     Dec 21, 2009
  7. 3.7? You sure am bleeding edge, Sure you don't mean 3.6?

#17     Dec 21, 2009
  8. Seriously, you smokers must be running some kind of lame shit computers to be calling chrome MUCH faster than FF.

wtf does much mean in normal usage. On my i5 , FF is plenty fast, so if it was twice as fast I would BARELY notice.

I think theres some bs being flung.

#18     Dec 21, 2009
  9. Nah ... 3.7a pre ... 20091221052153

I went there originally to get the tab grouping I'd liked with Chrome. Then I realized it was very close to Chrome in speed and it's yet to have a bug so here I am still.

#19     Dec 21, 2009