Firefox 3.0 is here (fast download mirror)

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 17, 2008.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Where exactly do I need to go to disable it?

#11     Jun 18, 2008
  2. Anyone else unable to reach logon area of locatestock.com using Firefox 3.0?

#12     Jun 18, 2008
  3. #13     Jun 18, 2008
  4. I upgraded and now it crashes when trying to play video stream from CNN. I was worried about this but you think they could handle video playback in the new version. Firefox has always had trouble with this. I'm going back down to v2 until this is fixed. Oh well... worth a try at least.

#14     Jun 18, 2008
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

#15     Jun 18, 2008
  6. Just in case anyone else is having video problems with FF3, I had to completely uninstall and delete all files from Firefox 2 and reinstall Firefox 3 from scratch. After that, I was able to reinstall the Flash plugin and streaming video works now.

#16     Jun 18, 2008
  7. bespoke

bespoke

I don't like how it only shows the last 12 pages, along with a description. How can I disable that and go back to the old way?
    The autocomplete with description is no good for me. What if someone uses my computer and decides to check www.anal..yst.com.

#17     Jun 18, 2008
  8. The awesome bar learns what sites you prefer - so if you click on the www.elitetrader.com address and not the others, that one will always be the first choice. Obviously it won't know the first time you use it - but it is already populated with url's you've already been to, so needs to list them all to learn which one you want.

In other words, the more you use it the better it gets. Perhaps you should give it another chance :)

#18     Jun 19, 2008
  9. have any problems been reported with running Firefox 3 on Vista?

#19     Jun 23, 2008
  10. Ashley

Ashley

So far been using this thing for about 3 weeks and DAMNNNN its AMAZING!! Very fast and fixes a bunch of bugs from the prev iteration....IE should be ashamed!

I also tried out Opera and wow that thing is powerful...if i wasnt so institutionalized on FireFox i would consider Opera...poor Opera no one knows thee

#20     Jul 10, 2008