Fired for criticizing Israel

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TorontoTrader2, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Hey, at least you admit to it. Unlike the other kikes who say it's not a conspiracy.

(insert tinfoil hat reference here)

#11     Sep 28, 2008
  2. cmaxb

cmaxb

omg, you said it right there...

#12     Sep 28, 2008
  3. My favourite writer/author of all time is Isaac Asimov. I think he was a true intellectual and basically a decent human being with individuality as the strong foundation of his identity and reasoning - not some belief of social groups imposing authoritarian control. He was vice president of Mensa, as well as showing an incredible foresight and deep understanding for humanity and society.

He grew up in an orthodox Jewish family, but was allowed to develop his own thoughts and grow up into adulthood without being forced into a mental straight-jacket of indoctrination or social control mechanisms. His parents must have been very good people allowing for this, but still following ethnic traditions. I find that admirable.

I do not like some humor like that displayed by Sarah Silverman, Ali G/Borat/Sacha Cohen, Seinfeld and Howard Stein - but Jon Stewart is hilarious. I find the others fuelling anti-europeanism, anti-americanism, anti-semitism and islamophobia by supporting the polarizing effort of the Abrahamic religions.

The Darwinism and elitism presented by the Abrahamic religions leads into inevitable conflicts - and perpetuates the warring between supporters and "their enemies" - because they polarize everything into "us and them" - "good or evil" etc. They also indoctrinate children and fill their brains with useless nonsense - worthless knowledge for living, which I find deplorable.

#13     Sep 29, 2008
  4. What do you expect when you've killed their children, mothers, fathers etc. Israel has killed 10 times as many Palestinians as they have Jews ...you retarded piece of shit.

#14     Sep 30, 2008
  5. and muslims have killed 100x as many muslims as jews have yet nobody cares.

What's your point?

#15     Sep 30, 2008
  6. Murdered for criticizing Islam.

Controversial filmmaker Theo van Gogh killed
    Last Updated: Tuesday, November 2, 2004 | 5:44 PM ET
    CBC Arts
    Thousands of Dutch citizens gathered in Amsterdam's city centre Tuesday evening to denounce the murder of controversial Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh, which people are calling an attack on free speech.
    The filmmaker had received death threats after the TV broadcast of his film, which portrays violent treatment of women in Muslim society. He was shot and stabbed outside of a government building Tuesday.

Police said a 26-year-old suspect killed Van Gogh and left a note on his body. Afterwards, the suspect fled to a nearby park and, following a shootout with officers, was arrested, said police spokesperson Eric Vermeulen.

Theo van Gogh in August 2001. (AP photo)

Both the suspect, a man of dual Dutch-Moroccan citizenship, and an officer suffered minor injuries but "they were conscious" when taken to hospital, Vermeulen said.

Muslim groups have widely condemned those responsible for the killing of the 47-year-old filmmaker, who was the great grandson of Theo van Gogh, brother of the famous Dutch painter Vincent.

Following the August screening of his English-language TV movie Submission, van Gogh had received death threats and was temporarily under police protection.

Submission tells the fictional story of a Muslim woman, trapped in a violent marriage, who is raped by a relative and then punished for adultery. It also includes footage of female bodies with text from the Qur'an painted on them.

Van Gogh recently dismissed the death threats, saying in a radio interview that his movie is the best protection he has.

The work was scripted by Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a Somali-born, right-wing member of Dutch parliament who calls herself an "ex-Muslim" and often criticizes Islamic customs. Ali had also been placed under police protection.

The killing of Van Gogh, who also wrote newspaper and internet columns on the subject of Islam, recalls the 2002 assassination of Dutch politician Pim Fortuyn, who polarized citizens with his anti-immigration views. He was shot and killed on May 6, days before Dutch national elections.

Van Gogh's next film, 06-05, deals with Fortuyn's assassination and is scheduled for internet release in December.

Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende appealed for calm and urged people not to jump to conclusions.

"Nothing is known about the motive," he said. "I want to call on everyone not to jump to far-reaching conclusions. The facts must first be carefully weighed so let's allow the investigators to do their jobs."

Though the filmmaker had "outspoken opinions," Balkenende said, "it would be unacceptable if a difference of opinion led to this brutal murder."

#16     Sep 30, 2008
  7. What do you expect when you've killed their children, mothers, fathers etc.
    What do you expect when you stinking islamo-nazis start war after war after war trying to wipe Israel off the map, when you start intifadas, fire rockets into Israeli cities and carry out thousands of terror attacks against Israeli civilians? What do you expect? When 60 years after Israel was established 90% of the muslim (not arab but muslim) world does not recognize Israel's right to exist and refuses to establish diplomatic ties with Israel, what do you expect?

Israel has killed 10 times as many Palestinians as they have Jews
    Building bomb shelters instead of arms-smuggling tunnels and removing rocket launchers from school yards and residential areas, rejecting terrorism and trying in good faith to establish peace with Israel may help. Is it that hard to understand, you retarded piece of shit?

PS she was not fired for "criticizing Israel", she was fired for spreading antisemitic conspiracy theories right out of the Protocols and being an embarrassment to her party. But you antisemitic scumbags already knew the difference, did not you?

#17     Sep 30, 2008
  8. Here comes a_person all "commando style" again...
    Spewing his constant personal attacks and calling everyone anti-Semitic if they dare say anything against Israel or even dare mention the word Jewish.

a_person is the most pathetic user on EliteTrader - even worse than that guy from Australia who was wanking off trolling around.

I know he has me on ignore, since he lost any debate we ever were involved and always regressed into personal attacks, not being able to stay on topic. I have several of his ilk on ignore - and yes this is me attacking his person, because I've just had enough of this imbecile not even worth more of my time.

If he could behave or even write something intellectually coherent it would be different.
    :p

#18     Sep 30, 2008
  9. I frequently encounter "Jews run the world" individuals and it is important to point out that Israel does serve a useful purpose to United States within the framework of its imperial foreign policy in the Middle East. (I am not an imperialist so a description of those methods should not be construed as an endorsement)

Israel was one of the US allies during Cold War in the Middle East (as opposed to many Arab and or Muslim states that worked for(with) Soviet Union) It would not make sense to simply "drop" that relationship after the Cold War is over. US ongoing interests in the region (OIL) demand continuing of that relationship.

If one is to counter the perennial threat of pan arabic nationalism one needs a bulwark against it, Israel fits the bill.

Additionally, Israel being hated in the muslim world allows US to play the role of "Good cop" and mediate and "influence" the "unreasonable" Israel.

Ultimately US relationship with Israel is by and large about leverage vis-a-vis Muslim world. It is in US (imperial) interests to make Israel the strongest middle east power (other than US) and make it dependent on US.

King George's moronic war in Iraq made US not Israel more hated in the Middle East. It is downright funny when Olmert had an approval rating outside of Israel higher than King George.

#19     Sep 30, 2008
  10. IShopAtPublix,

all good and valid points.
    :)

#20     Sep 30, 2008