Firearm Wanted

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by theboxer, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Have you ever worked for the U.S Postal Service????

#51     Dec 12, 2008
  2. And then there's the persuasive power of a well-swung rolling pin. Kitchen utensils are so underrated. Be sure to wear rollers and an apron for psychological effect, and point to a wall clock to distract him as you go for a roundhouse with the rolling pin. You're sure to leave a lasting impression.

#52     Dec 12, 2008
  3. Kinda makes you feel warm all over, don't it?

#53     Dec 12, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

And Hank Hill.

#54     Dec 12, 2008
  5. Yes, I can think of no better way to spend my time than to dedicate my life preparing to respond to a possible break-in. And we're not just talking about a few well-practiced basic self-defense principles and precautionary steps. That's plain namby-pamby. I'm talking about MASTERING the martial arts, in the plural, spending countless hours a day for years and then lying in wait. I might even have to leave my door unlocked. And if that doesn't work, I may actually need to leave it ajar...

#55     Dec 12, 2008
  6. If you ever been near a shotgun when it goes off, then you know how loud it will get. Firing a shotgun without hearing protection will damage your hearing especially in an enclosed space like a room in a house.

The legal ramifications of owning a firearm in NYC is simply too great. Shotgun or pistol. Too much trouble to get into with it.

If you want trouble, then just try having a firearm in NYC. Lets say you have some friends or neighbors over then they see your firearm then they go tell the police.

Getting a permit for a weapon in NYC is possible, but very difficult. You basically have to be politically connected to get one. Dont even bother trying if you are an average joe.

My suggestion is to forget about getting one. Get yourself a tazer or one of those mini-fire extinguishers filled with pepper spray. Get yourself a nice bat too and make sure your phone is hooked up to dial 911 quickly on a speakerphone.

#56     Dec 12, 2008
  7. thedewar

thedewar

Buy a large dog.....

Or train your cats....

#57     Dec 12, 2008
  8. You'll probably never have to fire it if the intruder hears the even "louder" sound of the chunk-chunk from the first shell being chambered.

#58     Dec 12, 2008
  9. Nope. I work in the financial sector, I'm a computer programmer.

#59     Dec 12, 2008

10. Yes, I know how loud a shotgun is, and I know the risks. Forgetting about it is not an option, but thanks for the advice.

#60     Dec 12, 2008