Firearm Wanted

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by theboxer, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Oooh rah back to ya.

#151     Dec 28, 2008
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

Wilson Combat has a pretty good deal on a turn key 12g pump shot gun fitted with ghost ring sights, a surefire light in the foregrip with pressure switch for on/off. It's called the "basic" I believe. All u will want to order with that one is the collapsable stock, or folder.

If not, go to net and buy the Mossberg m590, and get a folder stock for it. You should get the side saddle for extra ammo too.

Best of luck in your personal defense against evil.

#152     Dec 29, 2008
  3. I'll raise you my SKS.

7.62 x 39 and very heavy!!

LOL...

:cool:

#153     Dec 29, 2008
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

I agree!! I have a semi-auto AK with underfolder, and love it! It has the forged receiver (it's a polytech), and I've got about 20 30 round mags to top it off.

I'd hate to get hit with a 7.62 X .39!! OUCH!!!! It's known to shatter in pieces the largest bone in the body, the femur. Someone pulls out an AK, or SKS, and I'm looking for cover!

#154     Dec 29, 2008

5. On that, saw someone put a 7.62x39 from an SKS through a 9 inch box tree trunk, from a couple of metres-box is a very, very hard hardwood, BTW.
    (environmental vandal, obviously)
    Straight through, punched a one and a half inch exit hole in the other side and shredded the outer bark/layer for inches around. Nasty. Military ammo , mind you..not sure if a soft nose or hollow point would have done the same.

#155     Dec 30, 2008
  6. Prolly not.

They've definitely got a lotta punch to them. A lot more than an AR-15 for sure.

That's why (I think) some of the guys in Iraq prefer older rifles, like the M-1, which I believe was the NATO .308 round, to punch through the concrete buildings and walls there.

I also have a Model 700 Remington in .222 Remington - which is the exact same round (again, I think) as the .223. The .222 is a great rabbit killer, while the SKS is a great rabbit eraser. LOL....

#156     Dec 30, 2008
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

The M1 was a 30-06. Flat shooting round. Hits HARD!!!!!!! Some deer hunters in my area use the M1 with a scope. 180 grain Soft point.

There are US guys in Iraq carrying, and using the AK. Hits hard, and is very reliable.

An SKS for rabbits? LOL!!!!!! All I would know in that realm would be a shotgun. I couldn't hit a fast moving rabbit with an AK. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

#157     Jan 3, 2009