Fios ...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Swan Noir, Apr 10, 2010.

1. It is excellent advice. Frequently the left hand does not know what the right is doing. Unfortunately my neighbor, a very thorough guy, has already done just as you suggest. They are not even close.

I sold a loft in Tribecca and moved to Queens a few years ago. Financially it was a fine decision but I feel like a guy in the year one that moved from Rome to East Bumfuck. I live nine miles from my former home yet as they roll the streets up at 10 pm it could be 9,000,000 miles.

#11     Apr 11, 2010
  2. Agree with this, just as Swan did. When I moved in to my place the online system said my areas was not wired and the customer support person said it was not either. VZW came out and hooked up my telephone line and I asked the tech as he was wrapping up if FIOS was available. He walked me out to the street, looked both directions down the telephone line and pointed at a black box hanging there and said "that box is the fiber, so you can get FIOS..." and gave me his contact information and said that if I had problems getting someone to understand it was available to give him a call. Thankfully, someone else confirmed it was available so I didn't have to call him back for the help but it just proves that a lot of times the right hand isn't communicating with the left in giant corporations like that...

Oh and I agree with the rest of the posters: FIOS is the sh*t :)

#12     Apr 12, 2010
  3. Surdo

Surdo

Fios is in a bunch of residential buildings in Manhattan.

#13     Apr 12, 2010