Fios or T1?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DWV, Feb 5, 2008.

1. DWV

DWV

With the new faster "Fios" fiber optics is there any value in paying for a T1?

2. avarus

avarus

FIOS definitley faster, T1 will give you safety piece of mind. If retail FIOS down, you wait until fixed. T1, there are uptime requirements.

3. Is FiOS different from the fiber optics cable that is already existing now-a-days? It was there with copper cables but was expensive. Please clarify.

4. Whatever you get - FiOS, DSL, cable, or T1 - you may want to get the Business version rather than the Consumer version. Business versions come with Service Level Agreements that guarantee better than 99% uptime.Consumer DSL, for instance, can go down for half an hour in the middle of the day.

5. jumper

jumper

FIOS is so much cheaper than a T1 to internet. There's no reason not to get FIOS.

6. FYI:

There is no difference between Comcast Home broadband service and their Business service.

I've checked.

7. jumper

jumper

with cablevision, the only diff is the price. business is more.

8. RedDuke

RedDuke

I trade via cablevision. The only thing that I added was boost (up to 30mbps), not sure that it is needed for it only costs $10 more per month. I have not outages, and I trade during early EST hours.

9. I have FIOS. It's light years ahead of anything else.
    I have had it for almost 2 years.
    If available, absolutely get it.

#10     Feb 13, 2008