FINRA TRF = NASD on Esignal T&S ? ?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by BasketTrader, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Are all of the sub-penny trades on Esignal's Time and Sales coming from the FINRA Trade Reporting Facility showing up as NASD Exchange trades? Any Esignal users confirm this? No one at Esignal Customer service has a clue.

2. Someone has suggested it might be under "Third" for 3rd party I presume. Anyone no the answer to this one? I know there are Bright Traders who use Esignal.....

3. Anyone KNOW the answer.....thanks in advance.

4. I want to apologize to the good people at Esignal if I came across as openly critical. I have inquried with 4 different service reps at Esignal, and although no one has a definitive answer or where to find it, a couple have said they will look into it.

5. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

FINRA trades are tagged according to whether they reside on NASD or NYSE/AMEX/ARCX. You can see their listing by inserting the column heading XL for Exchange Listed. When trades occur, the exchange is listed under the XT column for Exchange Traded or under the Exg column in T&S.

For Nasdaq-listed issues:
    FINRA trades are reported as trade exchange NASD

For NYSE, Amex and NYSE/Arca listed issues:
    FINRA trades are reported as trade exchange THRD

You can add a filter in the T&S window (Time and Sales, then Filters) and mark the box "Only Trade Exchanges" and then add the appropriate code you're looking for (i.e. NASD or THRD) to see the FINRA trades for a given security.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.