Finns

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by ScalpGuy, Jul 22, 2007.

1. ScalpGuy

ScalpGuy

Any traders from Finland?

2. Tobbic

Tobbic

I am. I'm just starting trading; i have more experience with longer term investing (stocks, funds, bonds, etc..).
    Nice to hear there are others :)

3. ScalpGuy

ScalpGuy

Hi. Nice to hear you too.

I sent a PM for you.

4. Tell me how you avoid the government taking all your money. I lived there in 2001 and they were very good at keeping your money.

5. Tobbic

Tobbic

The tax rate for capital income (income from stocks.. etc.) is 28%. However, the tax rate for wage income is much higher and progressive. But it's not so much of an issue for investor/trader.

6. ScalpGuy

ScalpGuy

Yes capital income is 28% and you can get dividend about 9% of your companys free equity for 0% tax up to 90000 euros / year. After this it's 28%.

Best way is to live over 6 months somewhere else maybe at Zug, Switzerland ;)

7. An Estonian buddy of my set up a company recently, and pays zero tax supposedly. Sounds nice to me.

8. ScalpGuy

ScalpGuy

Hmm. What I know is that in Estonia the Company does not have to pay any taxes until it's going to move money out of the country.

But correct me if I it goes other way...

9. Kind of pointless keeping it there... You are probably right. Good for locals, bad for foreigners.

10. futuman

futuman

It's sad those megalomaniac morons sold the derivatives market to eurex.
    Look at the FOX now, three out of five days zero contracts traded, where the OMXS trades 40K+ a day. The finnish index derivatives market is dead and buried.

#10     Jul 31, 2007