Fingerprints not necessary for most traders.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ideabox, May 28, 2009.

1. ideabox

ideabox

Your ignorance precedes you.

Read rule 17f-2 (I posted a link in my original post)

I have now spoken with one other compliance person from another prop firm and he too agreed that all unlicensed traders do not need to be fingerprinted.

Are there any prop firms out there that do things the right way and actually read things before they require their traders to comply with something that is not needed?

#11     May 28, 2009
  2. Ignorance - I think not. I've been in this business for almost 20 years and you? You are the ignorant one. Good luck finding the situation you are looking for. If you are trading in any professional capacity - not retail - you will have to be printed -unless you manage to find a less than reputable broker dealer that will conceal your existance from its SRO:

(i) Member of a national securities exchange, broker, dealer or registered clearing agency. Every person who is a partner, director, officer or employee of a member of a national securities exchange, broker, dealer, or registered clearing agency shall be exempt if that person:

(A) Is not engaged in the sale of securities;

(B) Does not regularly have access to the keeping, handling or processing of (1) securities, (2) monies, or (3) the original books and records relating to the securities or the monies; and

(C) Does not have direct supervisory responsibility over persons engaged in the activities referred to in paragraphs (a)(1)(i)(A) and (B) of this section.

where is the exemption?????????? You hit the buy or sell button and guess what - you've handled securities - no exemption.

#12     May 28, 2009
  3. ideabox

ideabox

I've been in this business longer than you, but that's not the point.

As I stated earlier two different compliance people agreed that as an unlicensed trader you qualify for the exemption.

The way they put it was : As a trader of the firm you are not technically engaged in the sale of securities, even though you are buying and selling.

Again, both people I spoke to stated that this exemption is only valid for non licensed traders.

Also, I never claimed to know the answer to this - that is why I am here trying to iron it out.

At first, it was only my understanding that it wasn't necessary - but having spoken to two compliance people from two different firms confirmed it for me.

Especially when one of them said that although I was correct - it was the firm's policy to fingerprint their traders.

There is obviously another agenda here unless both of these compliace guys were wrong.

#13     May 28, 2009
  4. No agenda - good luck in your search.

#14     May 28, 2009
  5. People that are looking for firms that do not require fingerprints are clearly 1 of 3 people.

1. Ex-con - cant get a real trading gig at a normal firm so he has to try to find a way around it.

2. A criminal that is running from the law for whatever reason (maybe he killed someone, maybe he owes back child support)

3. A guy that has done nothing wrong, but doesnt discount the fact that he might commit a major crime in the future and is just covering his bases early on.

So which one are you, ideabox?

#15     May 28, 2009
  6. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

That's the point, when you register with an exchange you are becoming a registered trader, and the exchanges require fingerprints. I checked with the firm I trade with and they could care less about the fingerprints but the EXCHANGE requires them of all registered prop traders.

Pretty clear that any firm that DOES NOT require fingerprints is not actually registered with an exchange, and is going to be the next Tuco. Funny enough, the last firm I remember not requiring fingerprints was Tuco, so if you want to be involved with not seeing your money again feel free to be involved with the next Tuco and keep your fingerprints a secret.

#16     May 28, 2009
  7. ideabox

ideabox

You are an ignoramus and a fool on top of that.

You think the prop firm that I am with didn't run a background check on me prior to me joining them.

Now according to your twisted logic anyone who refuses to get a driver license but wants to drive must fit one of your three criteria.

Just because most people get driver's licenses (to drive for their personal use) does not mean one is required. Yet most people are coersed into thinking that it is.

The reason I am against fingerprints is because they are not required. Period.

And I refuse to be enslaved into doing things that are not required but are done in order to support the big brother agenda.

Have you read George Orwell 1984?

Do you know who the Bilderberg Group is?

Do you still get your news from the main stream media?

Have you read the Constitution?

Stop being a sheep!!!

#17     May 28, 2009
  8. How F'ing dumb are you.

This thread begs the question. Do you have something to hide?

#18     May 28, 2009

9. Now you are definitely ON THEIR RADAR

#19     May 28, 2009
  10. ideabox

ideabox

Yeah - about 45 million people are.

Including anyone listening to gcnlive.com

or visiting any of these sites:

rense.com
    worldnetdaily.com
    infowars.com

I don't think any of them are afraid though. Why are you afraid to be on their radar?

Are you controlled by fear or deception or both?

#20     May 28, 2009