Finding the Holy Grail

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chaosclarity, Sep 3, 2011.

1. And never explain anything with less than 5 lines of response. Good, Ah you made 6 lines.

#41     Sep 10, 2011
  2. Okay whatever, I just don't like seeing stupid posts on ET such as yours that have no value at all to the OP question.

In the post below, are you speaking from personal experience or what? Since you're so smart on investing, where do you think a investor should place their investment dollars?

pattern39

09-05-11 10:14 PM

Dumber: Stumbling upon the holy grail by accident and using it as "Aladdin's" magic lamp.
    Dumb: Spending an entire lifetime looking for the holy grail and never find it.
    Smart: Blow up your trading account and stop trading.
    Smarter: Don't blow up your trading account but run fast away from trading.

#42     Sep 10, 2011
  3. J Ski

J Ski

So, you get the holy grail.
    You can have everything you ever wanted.
    So, what next?

#43     Sep 10, 2011
  4. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

This sums up most of it. Everyone's holy grail will be different because we all approach trading differently. Even most prop shops you're on your own for the most part, unless you got a prodigious background and can get into one that gives you a salary.

In short, you have to work very hard to develop your system. It may take a long time or it may come to you quickly. It took me a year and a half of heck to become consistently profitable and even today, I'm always learning and perfecting. Don't let anyone on this board tell you you can't become a trader. As long as you have the minimum level of intelligence, you should be able to make some progress.

#44     Sep 10, 2011
  5. You could become a comedian in a strip club and have people laugh at your jokes and incredibly interesting sex life, for example.

#45     Sep 10, 2011
  6. bunch of dolts!

#46     Sep 10, 2011
  7. greenery

greenery

B.S. This is not specific enough and you know it. This is not an edge. Exactly how you do that, quantified with objective rules a monkey can follow - that's an edge. What you wrote above is absolutely nothing but puffery. Hogwash.

#47     Sep 10, 2011
  8. greenery

greenery

I doubt it'd do the trick. The purpose of this thread is for some people to show off without sharing anything of value. Which is basically the purpose of this whole forum, by the way.

#48     Sep 10, 2011
  9. and the Joker FX Poker is the main dolt in da house!

#49     Sep 10, 2011
  10. You want the Holy Grail? Here it is in 2 words....common sense!

#50     Sep 10, 2011