Finding the Holy Grail

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chaosclarity, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Holy Grail of trading:

Win rate = 50%

Profit factor: 5

Plenty of systems around. Some are two lines of code. Problem is they are too heavy on health.

#31     Sep 9, 2011
  2. greenery

greenery

Elaborate.

#32     Sep 9, 2011
  3. Not to save. I can't save nobody. You save yourself. BUT... to inform.

You'll cast your whole body into Hades all the time that you are trading live. Then, when you want your body and health back, it's already to late. The Devil has most if not all of your soul.

And... that's when you lose your superfluous fortune that you've amassed through trading and commit suicide (see Jesse Livermore or Nicolas Darvas bio)... b/c the Devil is a liar and does not keep his promises (to give you everlasting wealth).

#33     Sep 9, 2011
  4. R^2>0.99 is a condition I have in my pairs trading system, yes?

#34     Sep 10, 2011
  5. So why do you waste your time here?

#35     Sep 10, 2011
  6. What is wasteful to your eyes is "profitable" to mine (spiritually speaking). Likewise, I can say the same about you. Why are you wasting your time here making such posts?

#36     Sep 10, 2011
  7. I will give you the Holy Grail right now:

1. Cut your losses fast and let your winners run.
    2. If the market is going up Buy. If the market is going down Sell.
    3. Your brain and your decisions are the most important tool you have as a trader so spend lots of time working on yourself and controlling your emotions.

Now please send me $10,000 and I will share with you the "How To Do It" because that took me about 5 years of blood, sweat and tears to figure out.

#37     Sep 10, 2011
  8. I guess I can sell you mine for 5 trillion $ in physical platinum at friday's settlement.

#38     Sep 10, 2011
  9. Did you forget the magic word?

#39     Sep 10, 2011
  10. heypa

heypa

Winston Churchill said it best. " Most people will stumble across a good idea pick themselves up,brush themselves off and continue on as if nothing had happened."
    May not be exact but idea is.
    Don't discard any idea without sufficient examination.
    Keep it simple.

#40     Sep 10, 2011