Finding the Holy Grail

Discussion in 'Trading' started by chaosclarity, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Hello,

i wanted to share something with the world.

The answer of what is the holy grail of chosing the best possible charting setups for risking money.

When i started to learn trading, i have asked a successful trader, why cant i be constant successful making money.

Thats what he wrote.
    -----------------------------------
    -> Question:
    I know, that my problem is my selfcontrol, to simply trade my rules.

-> Answer:
    Let the market come to you. You dont care what the market does. You are only there to make money. That means, you dont care what the market does - you just choose a Setup and trade it. Everything else doesnt matter.

Be more conservativ. Be picky and only choose the best setups. Let the rest go and keep yourself away from that you didnt choose - doesnt matter if they were successfull or not.

Trading the finance markets is just a business of probabilities. Its always a matter of being unsure, there is no clear black or white situation. Its always a shade of grey.

That is the nature of trading the finance markets and one of the reasons why the most people lose. Only a few people can psychologicaly handle that constant uncertainties in the markets.

-------------------------------------
    Since then, this was always the most important sentence when it comes to my trading.

Markets move fast if you do the right thing and money is growing fast. But if you bet on low probabilites, nothing moves and money will not grow.

Its all up to you, what situtions you trade.
    Its like Poker, only trade when you have two Aces.
    Discipline is the key.

I hope you like it.

Greetings

#211     Jan 19, 2012
  2. That kind of setups exist, i have them and 1 other person, too.
    We are blessed.......

The boring thing is still there to wait for the setups until it is ready to pull the trigger.......

But then.........you can risk more than you should and it will work out and you make incredibly big profits with one trade.........that isnt boring then anymore.

Imagine 50% profits of your account every week, just for fun, because you can do it. In other words, you double you money at least all 2 weeks, you can do this to infinity. The bigger you trade the better liquid markets you should choose.

There is nothing wrong with being a cowboy and bet all you have on one trade, so long you safe money regulary.

LOL - that is exciting.

But if it goes wrong you are dead. Better never think about that.

#212     Jan 19, 2012
  3. lol @ the post date

#213     Sep 6, 2013