Finding the best Strategy; Condors, Lizards, Butterflies

Discussion in 'Options' started by motterpaul, May 14, 2019.

1. ironchef

ironchef

My broker does not offer Lizard, does Tastytrade?

#21     May 20, 2019
  2. jamesbp

jamesbp

It is just the equivalent of a put ladder
    ... another example of TastyTrade just making names up ... when a perfectly good one already exists

#22     May 21, 2019
  3. jamesbp

jamesbp

Just in case you missed the outcome of her 'technical error' ...

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/karen-at-court.312629/page-13

#23     May 21, 2019
    Dolemite likes this.
  4. iprome

iprome

An iron condor, or any other multi-leg opening trade, is just an opening trade that results in a complex position with a non-linear payoff. Being complex doesn't make it a "strategy"; a strategy must include processes of entering, adjusting and exiting your positions. "Buy 10000 shares and hold forever until price triples" is a strategy; an iron condor is not, just as "buy shares" alone is not.

#24     May 21, 2019
  5. Baozi

Baozi

my biggest loss ever was while I was still following the tasty trade method..

sell strangles at 30Delta OTM, roll up one strike, roll out the other, protective stop at 2X max credit yada yada yada..

Then you get caught in a 5-sigma move, your stop does not trigger and your are blown out of the water.

#25     May 22, 2019
  6. drmark27

drmark27

Does Tasty Trade recommend protective stops of any sort or just managing winners and staying small?

#26     May 23, 2019
  7. jamesbp

jamesbp

What makes you think they "just manage winners and stay small" when all the evidence is
    ... they spend most of their time managing losing trades ... by rolling the untested side ... and managing "inverted" ( Guts ) strangles
    ... their really big losses come from 'scalps' gone wrong ... small scalps on index ... that turn into big losers ... that turn into core positions ... that can take years to work through

Most TastyTrade concepts are just full of BS ( BlackScholes ? )

#27     May 23, 2019
  8. Baozi

Baozi

they actually recommend to exit when the loss goes beyond 2X max credit

#28     May 23, 2019
  9. jamesbp

jamesbp

Do you know "which" TT personality recommends this
    ... when they started recommending it
    ... whether they actually follow that rule themselves

#29     May 23, 2019
  10. Baozi

Baozi

I used to watch tons of TT videos those days (believing I was educating myself, ahaha).. Sosnoff for sure said it more than once, probably it was also in the section "Mike and his whiteboard".

Edit: as for following their own rules, nobody knows.. I guess they make most of their money on commissions, not on active trades

#30     May 23, 2019