Finding playable gappers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by billb2112, Jun 7, 2002.

1. I've been reading about playing the opening gap. I found some gappers using briefing.com but they usually post the extreme gappers that tend not to come back or come back very little. I read somewhere that you want to find stocks that have gapped up or down 2 to 3% and play those. The only problem is, I have no idea how to find these before the opening bell.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. With percentages and everything. Thanks!

3. Nice.

How about a site that shows the same info for Listed Stocks?

4. "Nice.

How about a site that shows the same info for Listed Stocks?"

there isnt one because listed dont trade on nyse premarket.the only thing you can do is watch what the ecns are doing premarket.that will give you an idea.

5. biib: a word of caution.playing the opening gap is an excellent strategy but please do not buy any of the advertised crap out there sold by people who do not trade. I did and lost a bunch of money until I learned how to trade thru practice ,hard work and real life losses.(ouch) I am merely posting this as advice from someone who has actually travelled the road. good luck. you are on the right path.

6. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

You can get the real time gapper & hottrend list in Real Tick before briefing news.