Finding investors to start a hedge fund

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Quant93, Oct 13, 2015.

1. 100% compounded 5 years will give 1600% return
    200% compounded 5 years will give 3200% return

So 5 years will be enough for a decent start. Even 3 or 4 years will do.
    In 5 years a few countries might change very much. Like Russia with the actual energy prices and the rouble tumbling.

#101     Feb 15, 2016
  2. dealmaker

dealmaker

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...puts-profile-on-social-media-lures-20-million

#102     Feb 16, 2016
  3. I am working with several Siberian oligarch's presently--- these guys are demanding secure, ultra-high returns that are extremely difficult to source in the current environment

-- so the Ukraine comment makes sense right now--- legit stuff in the States just isn't very attractive to these types--

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    #103     Feb 16, 2016
    dealmaker likes this.
  4. #104     Feb 16, 2016
    dealmaker likes this.
  5. destriero

destriero

I am working with several Siberian oligarch's right now--- these guys are demanding secure, ultra-high returns that are extremely difficult to source in the current environment

WTF can demand, secure, "ultra-high" returns? Dude, you sound like such a nose-bleed.

#105     Feb 16, 2016
  6. You never heard of investors demanding the impossible??

#106     Feb 16, 2016
  7. destriero

destriero

The idea of an oligarch would essentially preclude such a demand. LIBOR safety and Keno returns, eh? My point is that I find it about as likely as Jim Nestle not sharing your DNA.

#107     Feb 16, 2016
  8. gkishot

gkishot

They can't demand the impossible from everybody. ;-)

#108     Feb 16, 2016
  9. You have no clue. They are looking to diversify into the US but still have outsized demands. Just because someone made billion in the coal mining business ( just an example) does not mean they understand how other investments work. Its a slow educational process--

#109     Feb 16, 2016
  10. you should show these oligarchs the surf report so they can really educate themselves on who they're dealing with ;)

#110     Feb 16, 2016
    destriero likes this.