Finding all analyst upgrades/downgrades before open

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by pragmatic-trader, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Before 9:30am EDT, I want to see all the upgrades/downgrades of tier 1 banks (e.g. UBS, GS) that happened between 4:00pm EDT the previous day and now.

What's the best resource for this? I know there's a few sources that give delayed info but I'm wondering about what's most up to date as of 9:30am in the morning so we can act on the information by the open.

I know Twitter has this info spread around the place but I'd prefer a standardized source (website) that I can check every day before open.

2. qlai

qlai

I think most retail news are specifically delayed so that you can’t act on it. I used free TOS and paid service via IB, and independent paid service, and they were close But not complete. Problem with TOS is that you cannot view history or search. So, I came to conclusion that best and timely upgrades/downgrades are outside of retail reach, but I may be wrong.

3. For ratings released pre-open it shouldn't be out of reach since it can be many hours before open. They're often all over Twitter. I just find it annoying to get it from there.

4. qlai

qlai

So sign up for a month for some service and see if tweets come earlier and how much earlier.

5. That's the question I'm asking, what service offers this information before open

6. qlai

qlai

7. I already subscribe to/pay for the news through both my broker and eSignal, but I can only filter by ticker.

Neither of them give me a list of the day's analyst upgrades/downgrades. Does market beat give that?

8. Have you used IB's daily lineup window? It is comprehensive, up-to-date (though not real-time / live), and is always available pre-open.

9. This is a daily lineup of only the analyst ug/dg or also contains other info?

10. Up/Dg as far as I know. What other info were you looking for specifically?

#10     Jul 2, 2020
    pragmatic-trader likes this.