Finding a setup

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by ms_9901, May 12, 2004.

1. ms_9901

ms_9901

At that time I was working for Western Housing.

#11     May 13, 2004
  2. #12     May 14, 2004
  3. GSCO

GSCO

Maybe try using a stock screener. Like Livescan from Nextrend, or www.trade-ideas.com
    www.traderbot.com

good luck

#13     May 14, 2004
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

years ago, I filled out traderbot questions to get free trial but next thing I know tradebot sale guy show up at my work place, neither of us had anything to say, I think he was new too, such an awkward moment . :eek:

#14     May 14, 2004
  5. Banjo

Banjo

6. ms_9901

ms_9901

daferiat, GSCO, nkhoi, and Banjo thanks for the links I will try them. My problem is I don't know what I am looking for. At the start of the day I know what to look for and this may sound stupid, but what am I looking for midday? In the morning, I have already scanned for targets and then I watch the bid and ask in premorning if it is available. I check the message boards for sentiment and then go to Reuters or Clearstation of any number of sites and see what they think. Then I either trade or not. Also I am not the sharpest pencil in the box. I will prove it. On Friday, I had about four possible targets, Atea was on my radar due to the action it had on Thursday but I was not real sure as it did not close near the high of the day. At the open it started south and I got distracted. Next time I looked it was up about a dollar and I figured it was too late to enter. I sat and watched as it rose to over 3.00 and I was a little pissed. Its funny today and I learned a lesson. But after the start of the day just what is it I need to look for. Thanks again for the help.

#16     May 15, 2004