Finding a good charting service free or premium

Discussion in 'Forex' started by IShopAtPublix, May 30, 2013.

1. For years I have used a basic fxtrek free chart "comstock feed". Now they switched to FXCM feed an no other option and it is horribly ugly.Gaps where there are none, ignoring parts of Sunday session etc.

I need a chart that pays attention to proper Sunday open (2pm EST) and then at 5pm does not ignore what happened before. FXCM fxtrek chart opens at 5 pm and creates artificial gaps.

I tried esignal, fxtrek premium and metastock before and they had many of the same issues. I was thinking about CQG but I am not sure it would fit my parameters either(and it is pricey). Anyone know of a good premium or free forex chart service? I dont care about anything else just forex.

2. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers ET Sponsor

Hi IShopAtPublix,

FXCM's trading desk opens at 5pm Eastern time on Sunday, so there will be no prices on our charts from the weekend prior to that time. I appreciate that you want to see prices between 2pm and 5pm on Sunday. Are those the only gaps you are referring to? I just want to make sure that you're not referring to any other gaps during the trading week, because if that's the case, I'd like to investigate this further for you.

Jason

3. I am not sure those are the only gaps but why did FXTREK stop using comstock data? It was always far superior to FXCM in my book.

4. ofthomas

ofthomas

try sierracharts

http://www.sierrachart.com/

Sierra Chart directly provides real-time forex and CFD data without having to use an external service.
    Sierra Chart directly provides Historical Daily and detailed Intraday data for stocks, forex, futures and indexes without having to use an external service.
    Sierra Chart supports many external Data and Trading services providing complete real-time and historical access to global futures, stocks, indexes, forex and options markets. All of the major Data services and Trading backends are supported.