Finding a free RSS source for real time market data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Andromeda, Apr 3, 2009.

1. #11     Apr 3, 2009
  2. Eight

Eight

Not free but under $25 a month is newswatch from MyTrack. If you want more than flyonthewall and prnewswire and businesswire it can get pricey but the two pr outlets have a lot of news that moves stocks really...

I had a newsfeed in the 90's that could filter by phrases and could have as many watchlists as I wanted, up to a thousand issues per watchlist. I divided all the issues up by annual sales so I could read a story and immediately tell the impact on the company... since then, there seems to be hidden news outlets, stocks move and you get the news days later, I guess some insiders can aggregate their own little news feeds. It's not illegal to do that but I wish it were because headline chasing used to be some good dough. I had an Excel program that would make the final decision whether to buy or not based on the closing price of the day before the news and whether the news seemed to be priced in or not. It was slick and quick and semi automated.. I don't think it would work nowadays, haven't looked at the idea in a while but every time i have it just looks like the little guys are squeezed out of the game...

#12     Apr 3, 2009