Finding a free RSS source for real time market data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Andromeda, Apr 3, 2009.

1. to add on my RSS reader

2. What feed do you use for immediate releases (real time) of market data?

for example CPI, Jobless claims, PMI, Consumer confidence, Employment situation etc.

3. there are plenty of rss feeds classified by content and Timeliness, you just need to pick some of them

ps my yahoo suck, google reader is highly recommended

4. RSS feeds aren't "real time". They're polled every so often in a news reader or web browser. The default in Firefox is 30 minutes and I've changed that to 5 minutes in my own.

Even so, RSS feeds won't achieve what it sounds like you want. AP, Reuters, Bloomberg all have pay news feeds that do what you want. Someone else mentioned briefing.com. I've used them in the past and they are good quality. (I dropped briefing because being plugged into news all day doesn't increase my profitability.)

Some brokers such as Oanda have subsidized news feeds. They're pretty good and near real time.

5. kinosh

kinosh

There is a firefox add on to auto refresh a page as often as you want. i love myyahoo.

6. You have to be careful with your auto-refresh rate. If you're refreshing once per second all day, some web sites will ban your IP address. Also, remember what I said before: Polling a web page only gives the illusion of a real-time feed and polling faster doesn't help.

7. i think his emphasis is FREE but not real 'real time'