Find positive values from the most negative circumstances

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Joe Ross, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Find positive values from the most negative circumstances

Three psychological traits prevent traders from becoming consistently successful, fear, anger and guilt. Fear blocks the trade decision making process due to worry about negative events that may or may not occur in the future. Guilt blocks the trade decision making process with unresolved concern about something that happened in the past. Anger is an emotional response to guilt, fear, the indecision caused by them, or a perceived negative experience. Guilt and fear are locked in a never ending cycle and can only be broken by self-forgiveness, consistent decisive trading actions based on a winning strategy, and adopting a positive attitude with resolution to learn from mistakes.

A winner has the ability to find positive values from the most negative circumstances. This is the first reason why only emotionally healthy people can assume risks, they are able to rise above the superficial negative circumstances, discover trading opportunities and take decisive trading actions based on the current market conditions. Most amateur traders are so shell shocked over a loss they can not reverse their positions. The professional traders do not emotionally react, they intellectually act based on what the market is telling them to do.

This article was contributed by Joe Ross
    www.tradingeducators.com

2. Good point. I always try to do the same in my difficult time. Also don't forget to get others support and help, who will be glad to do so.

Welcome to ET where is full of losers and winners. What you say is very helpful Thank you.

3. Dude...

Why do you attach emotions as psychological traits? You're the one who should get educated rather than be educated. How do you expect to teach someone if you think irrational like a psychotic drama queen biatch. Emotions are a biased "reaction" from the psychological setup you have in yourself. In a sense, it is your empirical defense mechanism of yourself.

Mind as well, go into your psychological trait, in terms of perception, perspectives, traumas, and etc.. aka... what makes you yourself, not the emotions you uselessly feel.

Joe... you also mention irony in the "contributing" post. Mind as well say, emotions are BS than writing some pointless stuff... Why go off talking about emotions if you conclude that profitable traders are emotionless. Why mention profitable traders are "emotionally healthy" if in fact you have to be "emotionally deficient"

Rather than take time "feeling" you can teach people, why not take sometime reading some real books and teach yourself. Just like trading, you've gotta have clarity in what you risk. Obviously, Joe, you don't have it.

Unless, I'm completely off...
    Joe... I'll be waiting for a constructive responce towards my perspective.

4. You'll have to forgive Gann, he has mood swings when he doesn't take his meds.

I thought your article on congestion was good. Although, I don't trade in long enough time frames to make the RH useful I have used it from time to time with mixed results.

5. :D ...

My Zoloft hasn't kicked in yet... he he he...

6. Too bad his sales pitch was for only one day. I'd like to see his response to WD myself - go get-em Gann. :D

7. heh.

8. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=353440&highlight=Demings#post353440

"Fear is only artefact of uncertainty. Anyone who won't fear uncertainty would be just foolish: nature has "invented" fear to protect us don't forget. So when fear is here it means you DIDN'T WORK ENOUGH AND/OR ACQUIRE ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE. This is evident in Deming's philosophy in quality management domain : look at the process, study the statistics that is the only CONCRETE way to improve. Once again bla bla bla on just psychology is not enough. I have posted PDCA cycle of Deming in anoother thread with concrete tools to use but many people have gamblers mentality and don't want to commit themselves to study seriously."

9. =====

Good points ;
    ''Fear means you didnt work enough or acquire enough knowledge''

Some fear of also pulling the trigger in an experienced trader can be a good thing also , within limits;
    even with scale in , some fear or caution can keep one from getting in too early.

I am also somewhat afraid of , in a reasonable way, of lazy work habits;
    therefore almost always work the plan.

:cool:

#10     Mar 13, 2004