Find an Institutional/Hedge fund job

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by esc_trader, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Unfortunately, I find myself in the position of changing careers. No longer able to be a daytrader full-time, I actually gotta go find a job! Like many others on this board, I am looking at the inst/hedge funds. Of course, these jobs are tough to get (especially in this job market!).

So my intention here is to start a thread for us jobseekers to share information, tips - share knowledge - and start getting us guys some jobs.

OK, some ground rules. Obviously, the typical "look on Monster" type of advice is not going to cut it, so let's get that out of the way right now. !Do a search for "trader" on Monster!. May as well try, right?!

Another rule - No "business opportunities" or prop firm offers where you have to put up money. We are talking about salary jobs here, in a inst or hedge firm. Doesn't have to be "king trader", we can discuss jobs that are really just getting a foot in the door at one of these places.

Best of luck to all those in the same position as myself.

2. Please, let's rule out internship and non-paid jobs too.

I know it's alot of people's "foot in the door" opportunity, but people need money! This is the real world - not MTV's "The Real World"!