Financial stocks Monday?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Toonces, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Toonces

Toonces

What (theoretically) should happen to the financial stocks after the government $700B bailout?

2. consolidation ... or moving up a bit.

I would imagine all the profit taking on financials was done close to the close on friday.

And since no one can short the financials now.. well ...

3. S2007S

S2007S

Why do people have this understanding that since 799 stocks cannot be shorted in the banking/broker sector do they think they can't move down. This is not the case. These stocks can fall 5-10% in a single session. This market isn't in an uptrend because of this new rule that I believe expires in 10 days. If you have profits of 5%, 15% or 50% on any of these stocks take the profit.

4. Long XLF October Calls over the weekend. I never do that. But I had a guy get long, serious money guy, a ton of RBS and UYG Thursday when UK banned short selling on financials.

This is a world wide problem, esp the Western nations. They are on it. I told you here a month ago there was a huge meeting At McDill Air Base w/Western leaders....... Watch Europe Monday for clues on the next move h ere.

Or don't. Don't really care. Some of you guys are dumb as posts. The few that listen, and PM me, I hope you make your fortunes. Keep discipline and stops, and you'll be in the game for the big moves.

5. Readers might examine some of the charts of stocks appearing on the new high list. I notice some stocks, many of them appearing to be banks, showing bigger price rallies yesterday than the price range of prior years.

TCBK TRICO BANCSHARES
    BANF BANCFIRST CP
    GEHL GEHL COMPANY
    SIG SIGNET GRP PLC ADR
    NBTB NBT BANCORP INC
    ONB OLD NATIONAL BANCORP
    CCBG CAPITAL CITY BANK
    TRST TRUSTCO BANK NY
    NGD NEW GOLD INC
    OFLX OMEGA FLEX INC.
    OZRK BANK OF THE OZARKS
    CBU COMMUNITY BK SYS INC
    JOSB JOS A BANK CLOTHIE
    ACE ACE LTD
    NAVG NAVIGATORS GP INC
    BXS BANCORPSOUTH INC
    NCEM NEVADA CHEMICALS
    CB CHUBB CP THE
    SCRX SCIELE PHARMA INC
    TRMK TRUSTMARK CP
    WL WILMINGTON TRUST CP
    ACGL ARCH CAPITAL GRP L
    CATY CATHAY GENL BNCP
    FNB F N B CP
    MCY MERCURY GENERAL CP
    ZION ZIONS BANCORP
    BOH BANK OF HAWAII CP
    OSIR OSIRIS THERAPEUTICS
    PRA PROASSURANCE CORP
    TCB T C F FINANCIAL CORP
    TCBI TEXAS CAP BCSHS
    TFSL TFS FINANCIAL CORP.

6. Chinese guy, pissed at naked short sellers. Teng is the name. Family businesses do billions. Now, I wonder why we lose listings???? I wonder why we get no respect?

How do you respect people that don't respect themselves?

Next thing you see, and it's started, is dozens of these companies management, now that they have a chance, put out releases, call their representatives who may finally get it.

Not over by a long shot.

7. Buy the rumor and sell the news. I would say the rumor was fully bought when Citibank hit an intraday high of 22.53 on Friday that of course was with the help of a TON of short covering. To get back to 22.53 it going to have to climb that mountain on its own, without any help of short covering. We been hearing about all the money on the sidelines, well all those investors have the opportunity to invest in Citibank without those evil short sellers about to drive it down. The Pakistani model says a bull market without shorts is bear market waiting to reveal itself. Of course, they be third world, these Wall Street boys and girls with their new best butt boys Bennie and Hank will prove how sophisticated and unthirdworldly the former republic known as the USA really is.