Financial Statements in Excel

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by paget, Feb 4, 2021.

1. paget

paget

Is there any website that would allow me to download $stock$ balance sheets(+income statements +cash flows) as excel spreadsheets? So I can just type stock name and download full balance sheet to view in Excel?

2. Butterfly

Butterfly

why would you want to do that?

3. Butterfly

Butterfly

you can technically do it with expensive packages from REUTERS, they will download their data directly into your spreadsheet, but you will have to know all the "script command" to download that kind of data

basically, you will need to "program" your spreadsheets, as there are different methodology to report Balance Sheet and Income Statement for listed companies etc...

they have some standard reports download, but they are shit. To compute ratios and predictive variables, you don't need to download all the balance sheet and income statement items.

4. Butterfly

Butterfly

found this in another thread here, they have a cheap plugin for their data, not sure how reliable the data is though

to be tested,

https://www.alphavantage.co/

5. El Trado

El Trado

Infront (https://www.infrontfinance.com) provide same type of API as Reuters and Bloomberg for a fraction of the cost. However, it is not as comprehensive as a ull Bloomberg subscription.

But the data quality is questionable from all the above mentioned providers.

When I worked as an investment bank analyst, I used to type in the numbers from the reports, as the tools available was off so questionable quality that I did not take the chance of using it.

6. ZBZB

ZBZB

7. eo1989

eo1989

There is Sentieo, it's essentially the baby version of a Bloomberg terminal/Thompson Reuters Eikon subscription. Though the latter two also have seamless excel functionality, too. It just depends on how much you'd like to spend. Sentieo seems to be decent.