Financial Media (TV)

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by McCloud, Jan 30, 2003.

1. McCloud

McCloud

#11     Mar 11, 2003
  2. Tea

Tea

I used to watch FNN.

Thought it was great, free information.

Then CNBC bought them out - watched it for another couple of years.

Then came the internet, realtime charts, information etc. Anything you could get from TV you could get quicker from the internet.

Then I realized how annoying the petty fights between the CNBC "personalities" were to me.

Stopped watching.

Now I trade in quiet or listen to music. Easier to concentrate.

#12     Mar 11, 2003
  3. It's on (CNBC) all day on our floor - TV's all over - it drives me nuts - but once in awhile it's a great contrarian indicator. Best recent example I can recall was a few weeks ago - here in NYC a barge delivering petroleum products to a storage terminal in Staten Island blew up and sank, sending thick plumes of black smoke sky high. CNBC was all over it - reporting a huge fire at what they called a "refinery" (yeah - we refine Oil in NYC !?!?!) and then had their chief financial analyst on (forget his name - the older man, bald, not one of the regular chimps) talking about how this would send home heating oil prices through the roof in the North East....because ONE bargeload was gone...needless to say I was buying as fast as I could at the bottom of a nasty little sell-off!

Thanks CNBC!

#13     Mar 11, 2003
  4. I get all the news I need in the ET Chatroom...

#14     Mar 12, 2003
  5. Momento

Momento

Can't see this link dude....
    Why don't you copy & paste us the whole article.. :D

- - - - -
    I only watch Bloomberg at night to cover some Asian trading activities. Don't really need more junk during trading hours.

#15     Mar 12, 2003
  6. dis

dis

I stopped watching CNBC a long time ago because of the hype like THE STOCKS ARE ON FIRE!!!. I listen to Bloomberg TV in the morning.

#16     Mar 15, 2003
  7. Financial television to me is akin to prescription medicine. Useful in small doses, dangerous when taken in excess, and eventually ineffective.

#17     Mar 28, 2003
  8. Bravo has Columbo & Hill Street back to back right during the lunchtime lulls :D

#18     Mar 28, 2003
  9. I often trade worldwide 24/5. CNBC Europe and CNBC Asia are essential for me and can be money trees - especially CNBC Asia. On CNBC, do not have TV during US hours but PM/AH, I really like Liz Claiman's early show, Art Cashin always, and Kudlow & Cramer more for the important political issues they explore.

Geo.

#19     Mar 28, 2003
  10. think you should add Briefing.Com real-time to your poll... I subscribe to that... and have it up during the day.

I check in with Bloomberg and CNBC before the bell... as well as some online sites.

Ice:cool:

p.s. when weekend arrives... it's GF, friends, sports, cinema, theatre, symphony, music, guitar... anything relaxing and positive to prepare mind and spirit for the next week.

#20     Mar 28, 2003