Financial jobs in Seattle?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mdhtrader, Apr 1, 2008.

1. As a newbie I thought I'd start here...just curious if anyone works in the financial industry here in Seattle...trading, trade operations, etc...I'm looking for work! I do have a college degree. I appreciate any help/suggestions, thanks.

2. seattle is a nice place.

3. I hope the above quote is not what you say on your actual resume (sarcasm).

What employment resources have you used so far?

Mark

4. So far, various placement agencies (which are limited in what they offer, no I don't want to be a bank teller), shooting my resume off to a dozen companies...I'd love to go the day trading route, but theres no way I can do that right now (pretty much out of money, limited knowledge and no prop firms in Seattle). I know that Seattle isn't a financial center and its tough finding something decent unless you program computers which I don't...

I thought I'd test the waters here to see what I can come up with. Thanks again.

5. Microsoft has a treasury dept that hires traders and securities analyst. If you have a finance degree it maybe worth a shot.

6. Boeing may have traders/finance area since they deal in commodities and trade...