Financial IQ - Mines 85, perhaps I need more education!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ronny_todgers, Jun 16, 2011.

1. guess you're not asian.

#11     Jun 17, 2011
  2. poyayan

poyayan

My score :

Your Financial IQ is: 118
    Your Rational Risk Taking score is: 119.3
    Your Resistance to Gambling score is: 114.1
    Your Rational Risk Avoidance score is: 120.5

I don't think it means anything. If the person writing the test is so good, he/she will be running money and not writing financial IQ test :p

If you get a high score, it just means you think more like the test writer.

#12     Jun 17, 2011
  3. 112

The final score is just the three sub scores averaged so it assumes that each area holds the same weight. This may or may not be true.

Similarly, the bias behind each question was blatantly obvious so it was simple to fool the test into giving a high score. For all you know my real score could be 10.

I really don't think this test holds much value for anyone.

#13     Jun 17, 2011
  4. Your Financial IQ is: 102.3
    Your Rational Risk Taking score is: 104.1
    Your Resistance to Gambling score is: 105
    Your Rational Risk Avoidance score is: 97.9

#14     Jun 17, 2011
  5. O plz.

[​IMG]

#15     Jun 17, 2011
  6. The outcome seems about right. I'd like to know though how they calibrated the risk profile to age and other personal factors. I'm young and aggressive, which is reflected in the rational risk avoidance component. But these personal factors also mean I can be resilient: the worst case is that I'll end up where I was only a few years back.

#16     Jun 18, 2011
  7. Hey anyone else just get invited back for second phase?

#17     Nov 21, 2011
  8. emg

emg

#18     Nov 21, 2011
  9. ================
    Re w- trends;
    Dont worry, there is still hope.
    As they say in Chicago, ''the smarter you are the longer it takes'':D

#19     Nov 22, 2011
  10. This reminds me of tests, pretty much in general, no matter what the subject or who is taking it. The only thing tests do, especially standardized ones, such as the ACT or SAT or the one in question, is measure how well you can take that test. They have little merit in my mind of determining anything, for most standardized ones, the factor is usually success.

If you want to get scholarships, learn how to take the ACT. If you want to make a lot of money, learn how to make a lot of money. Same rule applies to whatever the task.

When I go to my highschool reunion, it' will be interesting to see who people are now compared with who they were in HS. I kept pretty good track of my peers test scoring, grades, social habbits, etc. in HS. While I'm debt free and have around 30k liquid, my friend with his computer science degree, is probably 100k+ in debt (anyone have any idea how much Vanderbuilt is per year?), getting his masters in something he loves to do (you can't blame him) because he can't find a job with just a bachelors. It's the same old paradox, every employer wants someone with exp. Sux for entry guys..

#20     Nov 22, 2011