Financial Guru Charged With Tax Fraud

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by freehouse, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Good to hear, my cousin paid this guy a bundle for seminars, etc and then lost most of their money following his ideas.

DS

#11     Dec 2, 2005
  2. I am also glad he got nailed, so many people got suckered in but I would still see some people defend him on message boards. If they can go after Kiyosaki I would be happy as those ugly obnoxious #$%@ing ng purple books in the business section are annoying. I bet Kiyosaki made even more money from books and seminars than Wade lol

#12     Dec 2, 2005
  3. LMeyers

LMeyers

We had a pretty good thread on Wade Cook a few years back. Even then a poster commented that the only stock market miracle is that Wade Cook is a free man. I think the Fed's are about to take care of that part.:D

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=8890&highlight=miracle#post8890

#13     Dec 2, 2005
  4. Cheese

Cheese

While it is easy to blame practitioners of deceit or alleged deceit, there is nothing greater than the endless tide of self-deceit.

Self-deceit? This is nothing more than the huge appetite of the masses who out of their own witless greed feed on the horesh*t handed out to them by various promoters.
    :eek:

#14     Dec 2, 2005
  5. PART DEUX: FROM THE MOTLEY FOOL SITE....AMAZING (TO ME ANYWAY) FROM 1999

Wade Cook Revisited
    Introduction

Wade Cook Revisited
    Introduction
    The Book on Cook
    The Horror, the Horror
    Wade Cook in Hot Water?
    Wade Cook Financial: An Investment Update
    More Wade Links

Related Links
    The Original Wade Cook Collection
    The Motley Horror Ticker Show
    Fear, Greed and Cognitive Dissonance
    A Big Day For Profit Financial
    Wall St. Money Machines
    How a Fool and a Radio Promoter Saved the Country

Discussion Boards
    Wade Cook Investing

April 22, 1999

When the Fool last visited Wade Cook in October of 1997, the stock of Wade's company Profit Financial had run up 650%, investors looking for a get-rich-quick solution were flocking to Wade's pricey seminars, and the state of Arizona had just dismissed 18 counts of fraud against Wade and his wife.

Today, Wade Cook Financial (the company formerly known as Profit Financial) is a penny stock, Wade and his company are being sued by numerous entities, and unFoolish investors are still attending Wade Cook seminars desperately searching for the secret to making millions.

So why should you stay away from Wade and his expensive seminars? And how can you convince your friends, family, and co-workers that they can win without him? Read this collection and find out.

#15     Dec 2, 2005
  6. taigong

taigong

Saw him on PBS's fund raising program, which goes to say how far such scheme can go. Amazing.

#16     Dec 2, 2005
  7. Several years ago, a Doctor had an option account w/a friend of mine. He was killing himself calling his own shots. I mean killing himself, down large. The broker was concerned he was a compliance risk, sent letters, counselled him, etc. The guy pulled his account.

A while goes by, and broker gets a letter from the Regulators in Washington State, and he's thinking he's getting sued.

Actually, our hero was an instructor for Cook in the State making outlandish claims, and they wanted his account records.

#17     Dec 2, 2005
  8. Wading in his own greed.

By Hook or By Cook

Too Many Cook, Spoil the ......

Just a few ideas for book titles.

#18     Dec 2, 2005
  9. But His books has such nice embossed covers.

#19     Dec 2, 2005
  10. Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Cooked Dad

One more.

PS Doesn't Wade have the same 'appearance' as the other thief Koszlousy?

Some genetic thing going on here?

#20     Dec 2, 2005