Financial Freedom Through Electronic Daytrading

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by rtharp, Jun 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys

Looks like the book review section for this book-- Financial Freedom Through Electronic Daytrading, just got slammed by someone. It gets no reviews for a month after finally going on this site.

It then gets 5 reviews in 20 minutes all with traders who have MSN email addresses which is free and very easy to set one up. I sometimes have bad grammer/spelling but I'm a 25 year old trader, not an English teacher. I did notice that this person has trouble spelling Recommend and Ed Seykota doesn't spell his name like that. Tom Basso wrote a bad review here? He wrote the forward to the book,..... (laughing ....please)

Meanwhile my father's other book. Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom has 9 reviews which is more than any other book--- that are ALL perfect by members who have been on this board for awhile.

Thought I'd get a thread started because at least then REAL comments can be heard for the other book. Anyone care to share?

positive and negative

Baron I emailed you. The fair thing to do is remove all of the bad reviews (except maybe one) to make it honest. Looks like someone has chip on shoulder so not sure if even one should be included as he didn't say much. That's up to you. Members here guess you can vote on what to do.

Comments on this too? This was one of the reasons I suggested a book review section. Amazon has a lot of people come in to slam books.

also anyone want to write a honest review there for it?

Robert Tharp

2. tradeRX

tradeRX

Unless you can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, I say the reviews should stand whether or not you like them. I understand your motives for removal, but the book stands on its own merit and the review section is just that...for reviews, good and bad. I also think it doesn't look appropriate you calling for the censorship of negative reviews of your dad's book. And soliciting positive reviews to offset the negative reviews is unseemly and dishonest. The reviewers are entitled to post their opinion, whateever that may be, on that page. You shouldn't be trying to "stack the deck" in your dad's favor. The cards should be played as there are dealt. I doubt a few negative reviews of your dad's book will cut into your allowance or anything...:cool:

3. I did say and negative......

I'm looking for honesty. This thread should get it with some time. I also didn't request a positive review. Just a review from a different person.

Rtharp

4. Dustin

Dustin

I have to agree with rtharp on this one. Those book reviews are too suspicious to be real. Here's the dates, times, and emails of the reviews:

June 28, 2001 4:42 PM powertrader1@msn.com
    June 28, 2001 4:21 PM supertrader1@msn.com
    June 28, 2001 4:10 PM perfecthealth@msn.com
    June 28, 2001 3:59 PM turtletrading@msn.com
    June 28, 2001 3:51 PM remoteview@msn.com

5. rtharp,

yes, it is obviously the same clown that posted all 5 reviews.. if he/she felt that strongly about the book not being worth reading i would think the point could be better conveyed with a more detailed review of the substance of the book rather than the comments that were made.. that aside, i dont think its necessary to remove the posts.. he/she will likely just sign up again and rate the book negatively in a more discreet fashion anyway..

-qwik

6. huby

huby

It is obvious that these reviews are fake. If the perpetrator would have used different names I would say leave them but since it's so obvious (using names of professional traders who the author mentions in his book) I think they should be removed. Although I do agree that it probably won't make a bit of difference to the sale of the book and it's not THAT big of a deal. I just finished reading your dad's first book and I'm planning on getting this one. If Barron doesn't take off these reviews, I'll be happy to give it a fair review and make mention of the fake ones.

7. tymjr

tymjr

All this negative publicity just makes me want to go read the book to find out what all the fuss is over. Going out to grab my copy now! ;)

8. tradeRX

tradeRX

YES! YES! Remove those offensive reviews immediately! Unfavorable opinions have no place on this board. We say only nice things here. Negativity will not be tolerated!! Now everyone go over now to the book review page and post something nice about that book. Errrr.....I mean honest. 8-D

9. Amadeus

Amadeus

I've posted my review of the book. It was short and to the point. I don't think the negative reviews should be removed but would like to see other honest opinions ;) by real traders. Amadeus

10. tradeRX

tradeRX

hmmmmmm. i see you issued a strong buy in all categories. that's about as honest as you can get. :cool:

#10     Jun 29, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.