Financial Damage of Colorado Killer

Discussion in 'Economics' started by oldtime, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Its a constitutional right that is completely outdated and should have been changed long time ago. Firearms only hinder faster growth and progression, instead of focusing on how to set the environment for people to increase their wealth and happiness factions are fighting over firearm issues, people shoot each other, kids bring weapons to school. I do not expect it will change no matter what other tragedies will occur but fact is that a United States of America will do a lot better without firearms. Look at the current shale gas developments, its quite possible that with this and other moves on the commodities and fossil fuel front the US may be largely independent of Middle Eastern oil sooner than any of those camel riders thought. Let's focus on that instead of firearms. They really add zero value to the well being of this society.

#51     Jul 22, 2012
  2. the topic will not be paid much attention to simply because it does not benefit either party. Republicans better shut up about it, Dems derive zero benefit from bringing it up because as you mentioned the pro-fire-arms-bearing faction is simply too large to ignore.

#52     Jul 22, 2012
  3. southall

southall

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Mm9o3vhKoF8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#53     Jul 22, 2012
  4. this is the prime example why I abhor the right of people to carry firearms. You gotta be kidding me. People walking around in public with fire arms in their pockets? Why don't we nuke Columbia or all of Latin America to stop the drug trafficking. Or for that matter we should carry our nukes with us because there may be terrorists walking around. Why not all bringing baseball bets and knives to school because our classmates may bully us. The argument that fire arms are for one's protection is the most flawed argument I have every heard, it could potentially be the most flawed argument in modern times.

This dumb retiree may have as well killed innocent bystanders or kids. Just because he aimed at a robber does not mean the bullet stays there. I am ok with fire arms at home (locked up or unloaded) but taking them around to coffee shops and internet cafes? This guy should be charged as well. Damn.

#54     Jul 22, 2012
  5. There are no "inherent" rights.

As evidenced by the American Experience, which for all the high falutin' words ran legalized slavery, and then de facto slavery, for the better part of 200 years.

#55     Jul 22, 2012
  6. The NRA cares as much about the "rights" of regular schmoes as Hoffa's Teamsters cared about the pensions of truck drivers. It is nothing more than a self-serving, hypocritical barrel of special interest group lobbying dung more interested in its own survival than anything else.

#56     Jul 22, 2012
  7. sheda

sheda

What century are you from? Ah yea the one in which you think you have firearms to protect your self from your own government of which you have zero control over or response to. The above is not what causes my confusion perhaps you should read my post several more times to gain an understanding.

Nice, I am just glad they were two young kids thinking they were powerful by wielding a handgun without the skills or nerve to use it in a heated situation, as opposed to lunatics with assault rifles who are more than willing to open up on a crowd of people if an individual in that crowd poses a danger to there own life and criminal operations.

#57     Jul 23, 2012
  8. zdreg

zdreg

nobody on this has offered any statistics that proves that murders and shootings and the crime rates are lower in states with tough gun control laws.

#58     Jul 23, 2012
  9. lol, because people with criminal motivations can buy the gun 5 miles across the boarder in the next state. This is a pandora's box. Once it is open you can't close it anymore. But yes countries with strict gun laws have MUCH MUCH lower crime rates. Europe, Japan, Asia,...or is it that our gene pools are not yet sullied? LOL

#59     Jul 23, 2012
  10. sheda

sheda

Found this yesterday.

What are the firearms related deaths as a whole in the states annually?

#60     Jul 23, 2012