Financial Damage of Colorado Killer

Discussion in 'Economics' started by oldtime, Jul 21, 2012.

1. I had a family member who for the most part was a professional student. In his last year he got almost 60k in loans, and realized he needed to do something to make a living, so he took the loan, dropped out and bought an old house, and even though he didn't know a thing about carpentry or construction, just worked on it and fixed it up and flipped it for 120k, and all that in this terrible housing market.

#21     Jul 22, 2012
  2. Eight

Eight

An armed society is a polite society. Look at what jerks people are on CB radios. It's because they are anonymous criminals and difficult to get at. Same goes for the internet. All this rudeness we are fully accustomed to, it doesn't happen in real life because there would be consequences..

#22     Jul 22, 2012
  3. well, I didn't want to say anything, but since you brought it up, it does seem that compared to Americans, the English are really very rude.

#23     Jul 22, 2012
  4. sheda

sheda

Biggest load of sh!t I have heard in my life if I am honest, what kind of society is respectful to one another because they are scared of being murdered by someone carrying a firearm?

When push comes to shove and the gangs or a deranged individual comes out with the biggest lack of respect and starts shooting up a crowd what happens most of if not all of the time? There is no armed response...

You will find disrespectful people in America and the UK, to think there are no consequences to the latter because the nation lacks firearms is idiocy, ass**les and people willing to smash a glass in there face or " pop a cap in there ass " in response are a global phenomenon.

#24     Jul 22, 2012
  5. sorry man, we were trying to keep this conversation civil. Isn't there some kind of UK site where you can express your rudenesss? I'm sure they do it there all the time, because there are no consequences.

You start talking that shit in my neigborhood and someone will put a bullet in your ass.

What the hell difference does it make? A poor man in America in prison lives better than a poor man in London that you have screwed out of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (oh sorry, I forgot, you don't beleive in that.)

At anyrate, I stand guilty (until proven innocent.)

#25     Jul 22, 2012
  6. sheda

sheda

I would tell you its bullsh!t to your face, maybe there's a cultural difference between the Americans and the English,you guys egos are a lot more sensitive, your all to scared to give and opinion in case you get shot and your all to scared to hear one because you can not handle it. Just because you don't agree with ones views does not make them rude or offensive.

Exactly the kind of deranged lunatics any government with a gram of common sense would want to disarm, the above has nothing to do with the second amendment, liberty, responsible citizenship or self defence. Its nothing more than the product of generation after generation growing up into a gun culture they neither understand the responsibility of or the hardship and sacrifice it took to secure, there for it is abused in a juvenile and frankly laughable manner.

Keeping it real! Keeping it civil SA!! The product of an offended sensitive ego right there and your at the kindest end of the spectrum of those who own firearms to represent the liberty massive!!

I can assure you as a Brit we pursue liberty and happiness, our cultures are quite different and face different challenges, one thing I value closely is the freedom I have had life long to never have a firearm pointed at me, in my country its a lot harder for the weak and the frail to take up arms and hold power over any number of individuals they would not have had the slightest chance of doing so without that freedom.

#26     Jul 22, 2012
  7. I think that is a very shallow analysis. The problems and roots lie much much deeper. But we all just prefer to watch CNN, and read USA Today because guess what...they give us easy answers, "dropout, -> killer", "disgruntled employ with menial job -> killer". What a bollocks.

And why does this gets blown up like America went to war or something like that? The truth is that this story is literally harvested and abused by whoever derives value from it. The president and presidential candidates to show they are part of you and me, the dude from next door the electables. Then the media, who get off on this story as if there is no tomorrow. My question is: Do we all get so shocked when another 20 Indians or Afghans were killed in a bombing? Is the only difference that it happened 200 miles from our home instead of 10000 miles? Thats the only difference? Or because they were whites or had American nationality whereas others did not? I simply do not get it. Not just about this story but about such sensationalism anyplace else in the world. Either we show compassion for any death anywhere or we do not anything else looks fake, sounds like we do not really understand what is going on and rather just participate in the outcry because otherwise we may stand out. It reminds me each year in the UK how every politician wears his little poppy flower on the suit or jacket. It looks totally artificial how most do it as if they are afraid to stand out if they did not wear it. I bet if you ask some of them when England landed in Brittany they would not know, or where the largest funeral for veterans is located at. Its this "lets just chime in with everyone else and show a shocked face otherwise we may stand out". Almost like you get almost knocked out by someone at the South Westernmost American village if you dare to make critical remarks towards 9-11. Its a brain wash. It really has nothing to do with Nationalism or pride in one's country.

With that said, can we please move on, our all society creates monsters every day and one such monster took action. We are shocked but do we do anything against it? Stricter gun laws? More compassion for people in need around us? No we dont give a shit, so then lets not pretend we suddenly are shocked this happened.

#27     Jul 22, 2012
    #28     Jul 22, 2012
  9. sheda

sheda

Yea I would have had trouble formulating a response from your position to.

#29     Jul 22, 2012
  10. well, for starters, In my country, the Good Old USA, the weak and the frail (as you call them) are not looked down upon, but are actually respected as the champions of freedom.

#30     Jul 22, 2012