Financial Advisor

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gdtrader, Aug 2, 2007.

1. What do you guys think about the FA jobs?? I know it is really tough to make it in a brokerage house... But what what about banks you always have the walk in guys it is a bit warmer atmosphere. Probablly less cash as well but there must be a better survival rate. Any of you guys ever worked at Citi, Chase, HSBC one of the bigger banks... If so please let me know about your experience there..

2. maxpi

maxpi

To me, that seems like a fun job. I've been pitched by more than one FA, they never had anything I liked, it's more for the not-so-smart money obviously. If I was required to sell products that I knew were wrong for the participants... not such a fun job, and they do structure things so the commission is greater on some products than others some times.

Once I get past my current programming dilemma, that being that I am inept at programming in general and especially in C#, I'm going to automate accounts for a few good friends just so we can always have money for get-togethers and a reason to party often... and hardy maybe, I don't know what that's like anymore actually. We can certainly have our monthly, quarterly, semiannual, weekly and Friday /Saturday night stockholder meetings I suppose.....