Financial advising and Trading full time at the same time?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by SnookFishing, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Here's just one of many "independent broker dealer" operations that I found on a google search.

www.investorscapital.com

At my first ever brokerage job a group of guys left to form their own branch because they wanted to trade more but didn't want to give up their clients.

#11     Feb 26, 2007
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

I wouldn't want an advisor, who swing his own stocks then use my money to support the same stocks. You say it will never happen but are you really really sure :p

#12     Feb 26, 2007
  3. i will not be playing individual stocks in a retirees IRA account. If that would be the case, then i would never consider taking on the account. The accounts will be diversified across different mutual funds and ETF's.

#13     Feb 26, 2007
  4. Uptik,

I really appreciate your help. I will look into it as this could definitely be a viable option.

#14     Feb 26, 2007
  5. You are not going to find a broker/dealer that is going to let a new guy focus on trading stocks and doing research as a broker. Your job as a broker is simple - to sell. That's it. Go out there and tell the world to invest in your firm's mutual funds and managed money. Then, turn the money over to the 'pros' and go find more money for them.

The reason I mentioned the POA is that you are not going to be able to be a broker and trade. You could trade other people's accounts if you had a POA on them. POA is power of attny. http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/powerofattorney.asp

There may be other ways to do this, but one of the simplest is a POA. The person opens an account, and signs a form allowing you to trade it. That's pretty simple. Depending on what you trade, how much, etc. there may be registration requirements so make sure to check with the regulatory bodies that oversee the markets you trade.

#15     Feb 27, 2007