Finance Is Ruining America

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. Humpy

Humpy

The only thing capitalism cares about is more and more money regardless of who suffers. The Trumps and Clintons get rich and hog it to themselves, the poor get lies, broken promises and abuse.
    The trillion dollar health industry is a prime example. The pharmaceutical firms don't want to completely cure people because that means they would sell less pills and potions. With financial incentives they corrupt the medical profession to sell the drugs that give them the biggest hand-outs. Judas would be proud of them.

931 and KDASFTG like this.
  3. qxr1011

qxr1011

bullmarket79, ajcrshr and kmiklas like this.
  4. d08

d08

Quite amazing how in America, beautiful sturdy buildings are laying around abandoned. Why not convert them to living spaces like is often done in Europe?

931 and Xela like this.
  5. qxr1011

qxr1011

who is going to do that?

if somebody thinks it will be profitable , he will convert, if not - not

kmiklas likes this.
  6. Banjo

Banjo

Great video. I'm firmly on his page.

7. Xela

Xela

I hear you, and ask myself the same question over here (because that happens quite a bit in Europe, too) ... the answer generally offered (e.g. by property developers, civil servants and relevant quasi-autonomous non-governmental organisations) is that because of their antiquated structures etc., the refurbishment costs for such buildings to be brought into habitable condition do actually often far outweigh the equivalent accommodation newbuild costs. I'm "just saying" ...

8. birzos

birzos

Because 'doing the right thing' can be profitable but being profitable is not 'doing the right thing'!

9. Finance, or the markets, is not a pretty game -- there'll always be casualties. You have winners and losers...but way too many losers.
    As can every boom and bust cycle can attest to.

It's trench warfare out there, pal -- to quote Gordon Gekko.
    This is not an idealistic society, but a realistic society :confused:o_O

10. qxr1011

qxr1011

here is another one for you

#10     Sep 28, 2016