FINALLY-Ultimatum to Muslims

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sputdr, Feb 23, 2006.

1. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

....anyway, i wouldnt really torpedo these folk despite taking advantage of genuine asylum seekers. its known as POETIC LICENSE!!

im a nice dude really

:)

peace!

#11     Feb 23, 2006
  2. Hilarious. Peter Costello, the treasurer with backbone?
    Ill say. Its takes some spine to lie through his smarmy prat teeth, being a member of a government that promised "never ever" on a goods and services tax, then deriding opponents of the tax as being "naive" when they got there second term and jammed people with it.

The same government, that leapt into the iraq war, to try and secure its wheat exports ,and get a better deal from uncle sam in a laughably decribed "free trade agreement" only to have to go back to iraq begging for their market share when the Australian Wheat Board (government run distrobution monopoly ) ACCIDENTALLY paid massive bribes to companies saddam was using as fronts to get money to terrorist groups.

Btw, he hasnt said anything new here, its much the same line as they've been running for a while, just now with the wheat scandal and one of there big benefactors gone, they have to distract some attention .

Either that or hes po'd little johnny hasnt given him a shot at the leadership, and hes trying to ruffle a few feathers in the party.

#12     Feb 23, 2006
  3. Hahahaha, what a joke. Where would the uk be without the U.S. military backing your sorry ass?

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

:D

#13     Feb 23, 2006
  4. acronym,

Couln't agree more. I'll add a couple of more comments.

1. This hate mongering is grossly irresponsible and severly detrimental to Australia's best interests. It is bound to reported in Asia and in particular in Indonesia and Malaysia with huge Muslim populations. It can only boost tensions. For what good pupose ? Divert attention from the AWB scandal ? Disgusting.

2. I see that Paulene Hanson has crawled out of her hole to back Costello. Having fellow travellers like that just about says it all.

#14     Feb 23, 2006
  5. The funny part,is costello's brother is a minister in one of the big religious organisations, and invariably disagrees with the esteemed treasurer.

Its been noted before, muslim southeast asia has how many million people?
    Australia has what, 22 million?
    They dont much care what the australian government says, after all, there not inundated with australian refugees.

I would hardly call it an ultimatum anyways, its just another crappy sound bite the media has tried to make some play with.

#15     Feb 23, 2006
  6. Why is ensuring somebody assimilate to a place THEY WILLINGLY CHOSE TO RESIDE IN racism?

Don't you think if you decided to move to Iran you would be forced to?

Why do people still bend over backwards for these people?

#16     Feb 24, 2006
  7. Babak

Babak

What people forget is that Muslims tend to force others to adhere to their values and standards...even when they are on their turf, but then refuse to do the same when the situation is reversed.

Case in point, in Canada Muslims attempted to force the introduction of Sharia law (for Muslims). So in effect, a Muslim woman would get a divorce and settlement according to Sharia not according to Cdn laws.

Also, when visiting Spain a few years ago, the president of Iran refused to attend a state dinner because wine would be served. Now, remember, he's visiting Spain, as a guest, and no one is forcing him to drink wine. But he wishes to force others to adhere to his standards.

There are tonnes more examples but this tendency goes unnoticed. All I see from this government representative in Australia is pointing out simple, common sense rules of civilized society.

Have we so lost our moral compass that such words are somehow seen as insults or 'racist'?

#17     Feb 24, 2006
  8. babak;
    "
    There are tonnes more examples but this tendency goes unnoticed. All I see from this government representative in Australia is pointing out simple, common sense rules of civilized society."

You could say that, i suppose-but there is a high irony qoutient here.
    Ill let you figure out what that might be.

#18     Feb 24, 2006
  9. The point is that there is absolutely zero chance that Sharia law would in the foreseeable future be implemented anywhere in Australia. Not at federal level, not at state level nor local level. And most certainly not in family law. And I would expect the same to be true in Canada. And it most definitely should remain that way. So regardless of what some clerics might say there is, in this respect, absolutely no threat to our 'freedoms'. There is no battle to be won. There is in fact no battle at all.

What is happening is these boofheads in Canberra are trying to whip up some populist xenophobic sentiment and pass it off as nationalism. Murdoch's rag - "The Australian" referred to it as a "more muscular nationalism". Always good for taking the heat off when there are some embarrassing domestic issues currently on the agenda. Not bad either for a bit of grandstanding by a senior minister who just can't wait for Howard to retire so he call fill his shoes.

After the truly ugly scenes at Sydneys southern beaches recently, one would expect a government minister would have more common sense than to say anything that could be in any way interpreted as inflamatory. Let the police get on with their job of arresting and charging the culprits on both sides. But no, these morons are just trying to make matters worse.

#19     Feb 24, 2006
  10. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

dont make me laarf.

the yanks have a real sorry story to tell as far as wars go -

you got slapped real bad by the gooks with pea-shooters in nam.

you cant control a bunch of irate rag heads in land cruisers and a couple of ak-47's in iraq (still)

..and in afghan

...and somalia

...and every other military conflict the yanks have been in. you always get bitch slapped by some 3rd world country. its hilarious!!!

USA! USA!! USA!!!

now look at the uk.....

we kicked the argies butts, and we kicked it real good. generally we are too clever to go round starting wars as we know humanity must progress. tony blair is the only dumb ass exception to this obviously - but thats what happens if get persuaded by a yank (an extremely dumb yank in this case)

USA! USA!! USA!!!

#20     Feb 24, 2006