Finally, they figure out what stock777 knew years ago

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, Feb 22, 2012.

1. piezoe

piezoe

You have nicely summarized two of the many reasons Wall Street remains a cesspool, and even proposed reasonable fixes for the conflict of interest problem and the subpenny-ing to jump ahead in the queue.

I have zero hope any of this will change for the better from the retail traders perspective. I think you just have to understand you are dealing with liars, cheats, and thieves when you deal with Wall Street. It's the fundamental nature of the beast. Recognizing that nature is essential to success as either a trader or investor.

#21     Feb 23, 2012
  2. Cry me a river

#22     Feb 23, 2012
  3. cnbs saying hft are scum.

glad they caught up to what Ive been saying for YEARS.

ps, they are making money every 1/4 because they are STEALING, not trading.

#23     Feb 23, 2012
  4. jd7419

jd7419

Of course this is correct, the funny thing is when there is no dumb money left in the markets these lions will have no prey left. This mess could be stopped so quickly with one central order book with 5 cent increments. No getting filled at 54.99768, just 55 even period. Of course this will never happen because all the money these firms have invested in "technology" will have been for nothing. They just have too much lobbying power, this shit will continue for a long time imo.

#24     Feb 23, 2012
  5. Bob111

Bob111

ah...another day as a perfect example how FUBAR US stock market really is,driven by the bots without any rules and obligations..spreads are huge and there no REAL liquidity. NONE. 100 shares on both sides with huge spread and that's about it. whatever is on the book got withdrawn right away,after you hit those 100 shares..spoofing and spamming is rampant on every stock..it's just pathetic,sad picture..

#25     Feb 24, 2012
  6. piezoe

piezoe

Perhaps this is not the best place to bring this up, but is anyone who has posted here trading the European markets and how much of this nonsense is present in those markets?

#26     Feb 24, 2012
  7. Excuses, excuses..... welcome to the 95%! :D

#28     Feb 28, 2012
  8. You are all joker... broaden your m1nes and maybe u realize HFT don't matter

"I don't exaggerate when I say, the people are cheating on the computer!"

http://babelgum.com/Floored

#29     Feb 28, 2012
  9. right, doesnt matter.

so if someone wins 1 billion , 5 billion , 100 billion from the market , risk fee, it doesnt matter.

right

smart

#30     Feb 28, 2012