Finally they are going after preachers who steal in the name of God

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Stealing in the name of God is not a surprise from those who steal God's name and give it to the maker of this world.

Jesus

#11     Nov 8, 2007
  2. fhl

fhl

Could you liberals please make up your mind whether or not you want a separation of church and state.

#12     Nov 8, 2007
  3. The church and state are currently working together, pretending to be separate. Tax considerations suggest that the work of the church is valuable to the state.

Both are focused on making this world a better place to...do whatever is done in this world.

Niether has really answered the question yet, what is this world for?

Is it for organizing and perpetuating? Is if for "living"?

The world is for answering a question, and then let go.

The answer it gives is not what you want.

This will yet be learned by both church and state.

Jesus

#13     Nov 8, 2007
  4. This post is kind of confused. By 'they', do you mean charlatans who take money from the credulous or religious organizations?

Surely you don't put them in the same boat... (or jet, as the case may be)...

#15     Nov 10, 2007
  5. LT701

LT701

Grassley's sick and tired of H-1 abuse too

Grassley's letter to the editor Wall Street Journal

Investing in America, Making Things Worse
    November 8, 2007; Page A21
    I'm startled to learn that The Wall Street Journal seriously believes that an investment in American students will make things worse for U.S. businesses ("The Grassley Visa Tax," editorial, Nov. 2).

Your editorial asserts that the number of foreign workers on H-1B visas is so minimal that we shouldn't care if Americans are in fact displaced. I challenge the Journal to wave their labor force figures in the face of one of the hi-tech workers who have had to train their own replacement who is an H-1B visa holder. That's a smack in the face to the American worker and hardly an issue to take lightly.

I am committed to an effort to include additional H-1B reforms and increase the visa supply along with an increased investment to educate Americans. But, I strongly disagree that the only solution is to increase our reliance on foreign workers by raising the annual cap. Reforms to the program must be a top priority. Big business cannot continue to ignore the home-grown American talent who should be getting at least a good portion of these jobs.

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R., Iowa)
    Washington

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119449088264586132.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

#16     Nov 12, 2007