Finally! Tesla IPO

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by TMcKenna, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Quickest way to become a $$Millionare...

1. Begin with $1Billion

2. Start up either a car company or an airline.

#51     Jun 1, 2010
  2. etile

etile

truth. The world around has turned into one huge horde machine. Certainly we are progressing, but to what end are we all progressing towards?

I too use to want all the excess and the obscene, but I realized all that is pointless. Good food, good health, good friends & family. .

#52     Jun 4, 2010
  3. masonyes

masonyes

I agree with 1prometheus, I have not scrutinize Telsa but the premise of their business doesn't seem viable.

#53     Jun 5, 2010
  4. because the technology is state-of-the-art and here today, it's managed by an incredible group of people, has an elite class of investors backing it, toyota bought in, and the usa needs a new green car company to keep the idiots asleep at the switch at ford and gm awake.

fyi, tesla has barely touched the government loan. elon musk has bankrupted himself to keep the company going with as little debt as possible.

it's a brilliant business plan, product, company, and i for one, will be subscribing to the ipo.

nicola tesla is smiling from beyond the grave.

#54     Jun 5, 2010
  5. S2007S

S2007S

They are manufacturing a car for the upper class, how many people in this economy are going to run out and buy a $100k+ sports car to save money at the pump, it just doesn't make any sense. And what about the new $50k+ sedan they have coming out. This company is not making a single dollar and probably won't for many, many years. They are focusing on selling $100k+ cars to individuals in the upper class. Where are the $20-30k electric cars being built by tesla, why start with $100k electric cars. If they were a smarter company they would have started with introducing an electric car to suit everyone's needs, a car affordable for most of the population who doesn't want to spend $45 filling up their car once a week, but would rather get the chance to buy something new and innovative at the right price.

Tesla is having major cash flow problems, in the last few months of 2009 they already used up $37 million, in the first quarter it slowed to around $8.4 million.

Sales in the first quarter were flat year over year and sales in the US have fallen quite a bit.

#55     Jun 7, 2010
  6. glass is half empty for you, huh. so don't buy a tesla if you can't afford it, too bad. buy a gm volt, or a prius.

the price of all first generation products is always excessive, as it is targeted to a specific consumer and market, and can not be financially viable to mass production until critical mass is reached.

if you recall, the prius was a horribly expensive hybrid it's first few years, until they reached economies of scale in their production and had accumulated enough orders to ascertain market demand.

toyota was overwhelmed. look at hybrids now. every car company, every country, every model, all price ranges, all vehicle classes.

toyota just injected 50M into tesla. they aren't having cashflow problems now, and won't when the ipo is completed.

they'l be awash with cash, swimming in it, actually, with no debt.

your argument holds no water.

i'm buying this ipo.

#56     Jun 7, 2010
  7. translation:
    hypocrite.

#57     Jun 7, 2010
  8. jnbadger

jnbadger

Anyone own one of these? I just saw the Top Gear test drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DfHyGD7_pM

It's fast as hell in a straight line, but it seems like it would be a pain to own, unless it's a second or third car, and you don't get too far from home.

#58     Sep 3, 2010
  9. <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BVxT_c5S5xg?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BVxT_c5S5xg?fs=1&amp;hl=nl_NL" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Theres a reason he wants to be a billionaire, not just a millionaire. Wealth is RELATIVE.

In 2100, people want to be a TRILLIONAIRE. They just want to be the richest, the actual dollar amount doesn't matter.

#59     Sep 4, 2010
  10. He has very nice voice

#60     Sep 4, 2010