Finally! Tesla IPO

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by TMcKenna, Jan 29, 2010.

1. I see.

Thanks for the discussion.

#21     Jan 31, 2010
  2. I apologize, I shouldn't have said that, had too many cocktails last night.
    All the best to you...

#22     Jan 31, 2010

3. LOL let me ask you 1 simple question... Where does the electricity for the electric cars come from? Hmm.. Only alt fuel that makes any sense is Nat gas. Super cheap. Relatively cheap and abundent in the US. No brainer.

#23     Feb 1, 2010
  4. Darshan

Darshan

Does anyone know the date and time of the IPO?

Thanks!

#24     Feb 1, 2010
  5. The IPO has Short written all over it. It will probably be a HTB short though.

"We are dependent upon our ability to fully draw down on our loan facility from the United States Department of Energy, which may restrict our ability to conduct our business."

"We have received only a limited number of current reservations for Tesla Roadsters and Model S sedans, all of which are subject to cancellation."

"Our warranty reserves may be insufficient to cover future warranty claims which could adversely affect our financial performance."

"In the past material weaknesses in our internal control over financial reporting have been identified. If we fail to remediate any material weaknesses and maintain proper and effective internal controls, our ability to produce accurate and timely financial statements could be impaired, which could adversely affect our business, operating results, and financial condition."

"Purchasers in this offering will experience immediate and substantial dilution in the book value of their investment."

#25     Feb 1, 2010
  6. Darshan

Darshan

Anyone hear anything about this IPO lately?

#26     Apr 29, 2010
  7. S2007S

S2007S

How many people are really going to buy a $100k+ electric car....

:p

#27     Apr 29, 2010
  8. Darshan

Darshan

http://www.teslamotors.com/models/

Sexy car, staring at 49K, I would consider it

#28     Apr 29, 2010
  9. GTS

GTS

Hate to break it to you but Nat Gas is NOT an alternative fuel.

The whole argument that electric cars are powered by electricity that is still 99% generated from fossil fuels is a weak argument.

Conventional cars can only be powered by conventional fuels - so they will always be polluters. Electric cars can be emission-free as clean electricity becomes more available. Just because electric cars don't immediately eliminate pollution (from the source generation) doesn't mean it isn't a good idea to start transitioning.

#29     Apr 29, 2010
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

+1

#30     Apr 29, 2010