Finally! Tesla IPO

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by TMcKenna, Jan 29, 2010.

1. muller

muller

+1
    Government is involved where business doesn't find no private lenders.
    And where's no private lenders there's no private buyers.
    Hybrid cars only make about 5% revenue for a car company.
    Then how's an electric car becoming the great seller?

#11     Jan 31, 2010
  2. muller

muller

In old Rome teachers and doctors were slaves.
    What you want is legalized robbery.

#12     Jan 31, 2010
  3. big oil doesn't care because an electric car is still powered by oil and gas. SOME PEOPLE....:cool: :cool: :cool:

#13     Jan 31, 2010
  4. tortoise

tortoise

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D !

#14     Jan 31, 2010
  5. No.....government IS INVOLVED when they want to manipulate and control a forward going outcome. Can you SEE any reasons WHY the dysfunctional government would WANT to manipulate and control a hip ELECTRIC car company (with some good looking cars and great engineering)???

Come on guys.....this $hit is not hard to read at all.....same games, different company. :eek:

#15     Jan 31, 2010
  6. wutang

wutang

That's true as well. I don't think many people buying electric cars are going the extra distance and charging them off a personal wind/solar system. For most people the "green movement" is just another superficial fad. They could care less if they're actually making a difference as long as their choices make them feel good about themselves.

#16     Jan 31, 2010
  7. piezoe

piezoe

A fool and their money are soon parted.

#17     Jan 31, 2010
  8. Forget that the gov't is involved.

IPO's are havens for dirty money transactions.

Maybe not in the US anymore, but globally they are.

And this is true at so many different levels.

They have $500 million for a toy, but investing that money for every american to make them healthier or more productive, not a chance?

The democrats have their slush funds too.

#18     Jan 31, 2010
  9. Illum

Illum

Because we want freedom, I see you want communism, who is the dumb fk? I assume you do not understand why health care costs so much? Let me help you. Government involvement. I bet you blame the bailout on capitalism? Let me help you again, government involvement. Let me give you one more thing to ponder. The Government makes No money. It is the people you take from to pay for your tesla.

#19     Jan 31, 2010
  10. You put it better - and shorter - than me. That's it in a nutshell.

This IPO sounds like an attempt by early investors to cash out while they can, wouldn't touch this thing with my own money.

#20     Jan 31, 2010