finally someone at fox news that can think logically

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Oct 6, 2009.

1. http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/10/fox-newss-shep-smith.php?ref=fpa

Fox News's Shep Smith: 'Every Vote Against The Public Option Is A Vote For The Insurance Companies'

this after even bill oreilly came out for a public option recently. has the fox news ship sprung a leak?

O'REILLY: But you know, I want that, Ms. Owcharenko. I want that. I want, not for personally for me, but for working Americans, to have a option, that if they don't like their health insurance, if it's too expensive, they can't afford it, if the government can cobble together a cheaper insurance policy that gives the same benefits, I see that as a plus for the folks.

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/17/bill-oreilly-backs-public_n_290658.html

2. Mercor

Mercor

My vote is for the Insurance Company. Keep the jobs here and private.

Every policy sold by an Insurance company saves American jobs.

3. of course. i expected no less from you:

Ins. Co. & CEO With 2007 Total CEO Compensation
    ¡Aetna Ronald A. Williams: $23,045,834
    ¡Cigna H. Edward Hanway: $25,839,777
    ¡Coventry Dale B. Wolf : $14,869,823
    ¡Health Net Jay M. Gellert: $3,686,230
    ¡Humana Michael McCallister: $10,312,557
    ¡U.Health Grp Stephen J. Hemsley: $13,164,529
    ¡WellPoint Angela Braly (2007): $9,094,271
    L. Glasscock (2006): $23,886,169
    Ins. Co. & CEO With 2008 Total CEO Compensation

¡Aetna, Ronald A. Williams: $24,300,112
    ¡Cigna, H. Edward Hanway: $12,236,740
    ¡Coventry, Dale Wolf: $9,047,469
    ¡Health Net, Jay Gellert: $4,425,355
    ¡Humana, Michael McCallister: $4,764,309
    ¡U. Health Group, Stephen J. Hemsley: $3,241,042
    ¡Wellpoint, Angela Braly: $9,844,212

4. Mercor

Mercor

Aetna has 30,000 employees 30 billion in revenue
    You have a problem with how they spend 0.0008 percent of their revenue.
    That is probably equal to the amount they spend on paper and pens every year.

How are you going to find someone to run a company in the Fortune 500 for less.

Professional sports even have more openings then Fortune 500 CEO's positions.

5. you might want to rethink this statement.

6. Mercor

Mercor

Any board needs to pay for service, Pay the least for the best quality.

Too many of these boards go overboard on pay, but not to a point where the pay diverts so much revenue that it hurts the company.

So I don't see executive pay as the problem or the solution to the state of American business.

7. Mnphats

Mnphats

If I may ask what would be fair?

8. That's all fair until and when your wife or you're mother needs a Kidney transplant through no fault of her own...and yet she's denied. Then what is the fair market value of her life?

Courts of course have a formula for it...

9. Is it possible that you have become an adult and presumably have written other correspondence and still don't the difference between "then" and "than?"

Un-fucking-real. Whaddya's go to Florida too?

10. I don't know about Shep, but in the case of O'Reilly it would be the orthodox Catholic position. The Catholic Church is right-wing on cultural stuff, but to the left on labor issues. A public option on health insurance would be consistent with that.
    I don't know where Pat Buchanan would fall on this issue, but I wouldn't be surprised if he too came out for some sort of public option. Same deal with him as it would be with O'Reilly.

#10     Oct 6, 2009