Finally some good news. Utah Considers Return to Gold, Silver Coins

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Askmega, Mar 5, 2011.

  1. Askmega


    If FED doesn't buy these people out or silences them in a more "creative" way.
    This would be number one good news for America

    The Utah House was to vote as early as Thursday on legislation that would recognize gold and silver coins issued by the federal government as legal currency in the state. The coins would not replace the current paper currency but would be used and accepted voluntarily as an alternative.

    It's been nearly 80 years since the U.S. stopped using gold coins as legal currency, and nearly 40 since the world abandoned the gold standard, but the precious metal could be making a comeback in the United States -- beginning in Utah.
  2. The Federal Reserve has already destroyed 94% of the value of the dollar since they got their hands on it. You can be sure they are now gunning for the remaining 6%.
  3. Askmega


    And they should. Americans seem to be gutless to do anything about it.

    American people would rather wait to be destroyed from within than form a group of 5000 people and march and burn Federal Reserve building in Washington (or wherever that building is)
    Sure founding fathers had guts but today Americans are nothing, less than nothing :cool:
  4. Askmega


    Idiotic thing to do ???????

    Are you sure you are not part of government program to manufacture consent and spread disinformation on sites.
    So you think going back to gold and silver as money is a bad idea. You think that we should like some idiots watch FED destroy what's left of dollar purchasing power.

    If you are not behind 100% policy to return to gold and silver as money then I think you are the idiot.

    I can't stand FED boot kissers

    Show me money redeemable in gold and silver and I'll show you stable financial system. Money that your masters at the FED can't inflate away. And that isn't enough, everyone at the FED and anyone associated with FED should be hanged and jailed.
  5. Wow, you saw right through me. I am Uncle Sam and Bernanke is my last name. Still, you may want to be a wee bit more specific. What sort of consent am I manufacturing and what disinformation am I spreading?
    I am extremely curious what feats of deductive reasoning you used to conclude whether I am for or against the return to gold and silver money from my comment. And, before, god forbid, you start thinking again, yes, I am against the gold standard.
    I am so sorry for your predicament. My situation is a litle easier. While I find silly people tiresome, they do offer entertainment value.
  6. Askmega


    Of course you are against gold standard. You already said it by calling Utah house idiots.

    If you are against gold standard that means you are for current FED controlled fiat standard.

    And for that reason I think only the worst about you. :cool:
  7. Butterball


    The good thing is that all those who believe gold and other precious metals will help them preserve their wealth in the future can simply hedge their entire net worth accordingly. Those who believe otherwise don't.

    No need for going back to the gold standard as long as we have free-floating precious metal prices. Everybody can make their own choice rather than relying on the government establishing a one-size-fits-all gold standard sans fixed gold price regime.
  8. Oh no, what should I do now? I don't know if I can continue living with the knowledge that you're out there thinking only the worst about me.
  9. pegasys1


    A gold standard will not create a stable economy, it will create a sound one. There will be booms and busts, but smaller ones, limited by private credit creation on the upside and by private creditor bankrupcys on the downside.

    At this point we are so far along in out money printing that the only way to avoid a deflationary collapse is to print exponentially more money per printing "cycle" than in the previous "cycle". When printing money there are diminishing marginal returns. Less gdp is generated per each marginal printed dollar.
    #10     Mar 5, 2011