Finally Some Good News, Grand Jury Refuses To Indict McDonald's Guy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Dec 6, 2011.

1. It wasn't to the throat, it was to the side of the neck, and it wasn't particularly lethal.. I'd say the guy took it upon himself to do that BECAUSE HE COULD..

Does anybody know where exactly it is best to deliver a blow like that? Is it the neck, up under the ear, what? I've heard that an ear slap is really effective too, never tried any of them yet...

#21     Dec 6, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

http://www.google.ca/search?num=30&...7429l0l7712l14l13l0l2l0l1l264l1804l0.8.3l11l0

#22     Dec 6, 2011
  3. More anarchy. http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2011/12/9_arrests_in_staten_island_inc.html

This kind of thing, multiplied across the country with similar mob incidents in virtually every big city and even places like Iowa and Wisconsin, is the predictable fruition of decades of liberal policies. Now we have tribes of young, unaccountable gang members in control of significant parts of what used to be our country. Is it any wonder wealth inequality is increasing? Who would hire these people? They have no idea of how to live in a civilized society. They have no means of providing for themselves, except by crime, and fully expect to be supported by taxpayers their entire lives.

Most well-off people in this country have a sense of responsibility to help the poor, either through charities and churches (conservatives) or through the government (liberals). The problem with doing it through the government is becoming obvious. There is no accountability and no expectation of responsible conduct in return for assistance. We subsidize the very behavior that creates the problems in the first place.

The consensus is rapidly breaking down. Overstretched taxpayers see stuff like this and wonder what the hell is going on.

#23     Dec 7, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Nope, it's the result of decades of growing stratification. I have data on my side to support that assertion. Perhaps you can refute it with some respectable rigor, but first you're going to have to do some reading.

#24     Dec 7, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

And what, besides liberal policies, has created and perpetuated this "stratification"?

#25     Dec 7, 2011
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

+1

I was a "ground and pound" guy before there was a name for it.

#26     Dec 7, 2011
  7. If you seek charity thorugh a church, it is very possible that when you get back on your feet, you just might contibute some dollars back to the church.

But how do you return the favor if the gov't helps you? You don't, the charity of the gov't becomes people to say "they owe me" or entitlement.

#27     Dec 7, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Normal self-interest, combined with differences in the starting conditions for people, coupled with the wealthy's influence on government and thus on legislation mean that, on balance, laws and regulations (or the lack thereof) will over time add to or at least not subtract from the wealthy's advantage. Same as it's ever been. We thought our system would be immune to this at the founding, but the wealthy are firmly ensconced in the administration, the congress, and the judiciary.

#28     Dec 7, 2011
  9. Arnie

Arnie

Open palm to the forehead....as hard as you can.

#29     Dec 7, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Shorter range technique and less likely to stun (than the brachial stun). And "as hard as you can" is, imho, a poor substitute for superior technique. It's what we used to call the "caveman technique". It still has to be respected, of course.

#30     Dec 7, 2011