Finally Some Good News, Grand Jury Refuses To Indict McDonald's Guy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

#11     Dec 6, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

What we're seeing here is the "leading edge" of a highly stratified society.

#12     Dec 6, 2011
  3. #13     Dec 6, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Lol, she damn near did.

#14     Dec 6, 2011
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Good to know common sense isn't dead yet. Thanks for posting.

#15     Dec 6, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

You're welcome. I do have to admit, though, that I initially missed the delicious irony of AAA's mention of the London riots, did you catch it? I mean, the UK, another highly stratified society with poor social mobility. It's just a recipe for primate rage, isn't it?

#16     Dec 6, 2011
  7. What was your job, counterman? Or cop?

It's easy for you to say he could "effect an escape". He was behind the counter with two extremely hostile people after him. And it's certainly not the law everywhere you have to flee. In most states, you certainly do not have to retreat or flee if inside your home or in some states your yard.

He probably did overreact, but I am prepared to give considerable leeway to the innocent party in this type of situation. He was minding his own business, doing his job, when he was attacked.

I am frankly amazed at the pimp video. Here was a guy, who I take it is a martial arts instructor, who clearly was under no threat and could easily have retreated. Apparently a group of cops were there as well. Instead, he viciously assaults a guy who was clearly out of his mind on drugs with a potentially lethal blow to the throat. He was clearly showing off for his cop buddies. He gave no warning that i could tell, just blindsided the guy. He should have been prosecuted in my view.

It's just that type of attitude from cops, the "give me an excuse" crap, that turns citizens against the police. You might recall that the London riots were triggered by a claim of police brutality.

Marxist class struggle fantasies do not wash as justification for anarchy, rioting and looting. Many of the london rioters were realtively well off. They just wanted to loot, having been raised in a society that mocked property rights and made envy and class warfare political virtues.

#17     Dec 6, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

There's no fantasy to it, history tells the same story over and over again.

#18     Dec 6, 2011
  9. achilles28

achilles28

:D I took it more in the context that gelded self-defense laws invite a fertile stomping ground, as opposed to racial pejoratives, or whatever. Canada has similar "retreat" laws, which hamstring victims, with dangerous effect.

#19     Dec 6, 2011
  10. I don't. I let a guy off easy once, he was being a complete asshole, throwing punches at me, etc.. so I blocked everything, "reasoned" with him and let him go. A couple minutes later he blindside tackled me and broke my ribs... I vowed that the next one and every single one of all the rest of them is going to the ER. Job #1 is to get them on the ground [without going with them] and job #2 is to kick their ribs in and kick them unconscious... and then visit them in the hospital and tell them that next time I won't be so nice...

#20     Dec 6, 2011