Finally people's Republic of CA gets something right

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Index piker, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Mnphats

Mnphats

I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Except, "serves to benefit only conservative politicians."

How so only conservative politicians?

#21     Apr 1, 2010
  2. Okay, maybe you have a point. I assume conservative politicians because of an assumption that the majority of those pols who are in favour of the repeal of the absurd laws for pot possession in some states would be Dems. Who knows, maybe there are also some rational conservatives who have the guts to say what they actually think.

#22     Apr 1, 2010
  3. You are the dumbass. Go read about what they did with prohibition. They had hired a bunch of fbi agents to chase "rum runners"(aka "The Kennedy clan"). After it was legalized the agents were transferred to Treasury to chase bootleggers outside the system and collect tax.

You must have no clue or common sense about how the world works.

BTW, its mostly bullshit about who is in jail for pot. Here is who really is in prison.

http://www.ncjrs.gov/ondcppubs/publications/pdf/whos_in_prison_for_marij.pdf

#23     Apr 1, 2010
  4. Trafficking charges are bogus too.

The only question as far as I'm concerned is available OTC, or behind pharmacy counter upon request with dosage interaction consultation.

Both options make sense. If you know what you are doing buy it OTC if you need advice pay the pharmacist a small fee.

#24     Apr 1, 2010
  5. First page of your .pdf reads:

"Drug legalizers want you to believe a lie— that our prisons are filled with marijuana smokers. In fact, the vast majority of drug prisoners are violent criminals, repeat offenders, traffickers, or all of the above"

My questions to you is how many of those marijuana smokers...would be drug prisoners, violent criminals, repeat offenders, traffickers, or all of the above were marijuana not illegal?

#25     Apr 1, 2010
  6. jem

jem

well stated.
    I do not some pot, but I think it should be legal.

#26     Apr 1, 2010
  7. They don't send Joe Blow without an criminal record to jail solely for the possession of a oz of two of pot.

#27     Apr 1, 2010
  8. I can tell you this: it takes far less (than a rational person would imagine) to get fucked over big time by the contraband gestapo even if you are a non-user.

you've been watching too much tv.

#28     Apr 1, 2010
  9. jem

jem

I just do not understand why we spend any money on this issue.
    We have to make choices on where we spend tax dollars. Stopping people from smoking pot should very low on the list. Perhaps equal to stopping people from drinking beer.

#29     Apr 1, 2010
  10. jem

jem

but should it be criminal?
    lets start getting our laws and our tax code to work for us. I really do not want to employ cops, lawyers, courts, prisons and social workers on this stuff.

#30     Apr 1, 2010